R231 SL350 AirScarf or Electric Wind Deflector?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slartibartfast

SUPPORTER
Car
W221 S350L, R231 SL350, SL400
I'm currently looking at 2 SL350's with very similar specs and price. One has AirScarf but no electric Wind Deflector, the other has electric Wind Deflector but no AirScarf.

Which of these 2 do you think would be the the most desirable?

Cheers and Happy Christmas!

Wind deflector.

Airscarf you don't really feel with the roof down, but the deflector does a cracking job.

I had both in my R231 SL63 and the only time both were useful was a night-time 300 mile drive down from the Highlands of Scotland, roof down, deflector and windows up, and airscarf on, but I had to hunker down and push my neck and head back in to to head rest to get any benefit from the airscarf.

My old R230 SL's never had airscarf and they were cosy enough.

Air scarf. Usable in winter even with roof up. The manual wind deflector is probably as effective as the electric wind deflector. Electric wind deflector is a great piece of theatre though

I'm currently looking at 2 SL350's with very similar specs and price. One has AirScarf but no electric Wind Deflector, the other has electric Wind Deflector but no AirScarf.

Which of these 2 do you think would be the the most desirable?

Cheers and Happy Christmas!
Wind deflector - I thought they all had them as standard - do check the official spec.
Both even better - manual or electric

Wind deflector - I thought they all had them as standard - do check the official spec.
Both even better - manual or electric
Yes, manual deflector is standard and electric is option. (I did say "They both have wind deflectors, but one is manual, the other is electric")
Cheers.
:)

Yes, manual deflector is standard and electric is option. (I did say "They both have wind deflectors, but one is manual, the other is electric")
Cheers.
:)
OK, so I would go for the manual deflector and air scarf. I am on my 3rd SL and use the wind deflector all the time when the roof is down but the air scarf rarely. Good luck with the decision. Cheers, Gareth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom