R231 SL350 been parked up for 6 years. Any advice please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Full Service, all filters, fluids (engine/coolant/brake).
Transmission service and flush.
Service entry updated.
Aircon recharge.
New battery or batteries.
New tyres all round.
Possible discs all round due to corrosion.
Good inspection all round, esp. brake pipes and hoses.
Perfect summary. Tyres will be flat where the car has been parked, discs will certainly be corroded.
The warranty is your comfort blanket but you do want to drive this thing off in the knowledge that it is safe.

These situations are not as rare as you might think. Think of the likes of Ian Poulter's Ferrari collection. People with more than a dozen cars in their collection don't have time to drive them much.

If the car has actually been moved / driven 2 or 3 times a year, the situation might not be so bad, but all fluids will certainly need to be changed as part of a full service.

Perfect summary. Tyres will be flat where the car has been parked, discs will certainly be corroded.
The warranty is your comfort blanket but you do want to drive this thing off in the knowledge that it is safe.

These situations are not as rare as you might think. Think of the likes of Ian Poulter's Ferrari collection. People with more than a dozen cars in their collection don't have time to drive them much.

If the car has actually been moved / driven 2 or 3 times a year, the situation might not be so bad, but all fluids will certainly need to be changed as part of a full service.
The car has had new tyres (Continentals), new brakes, new battery, Full service including checks and MOT (no advisories). 12 months MB warranty, next MOT guaranteed. 14 days money back warranty.

The car has had new tyres (Continentals), new brakes, new battery, Full service including checks and MOT (no advisories). 12 months MB warranty, next MOT guaranteed. 14 days money back warranty.
Its clear you like the car so just go for it. Really put it through it's paces and fully enjoy for 13 days and return it if you detect anything that concerns you, maybe even take to and indie to tear apart do a scan etc etc during those days.

I'll be speaking with the dealer shortly to get more info. Price is £24k. Extras include Airscarf, Harmon Kardon system, electric Wind Diffuser, memory pack, active multi contour seats, keyless go, soft close doors, remote closing boot, active park assist, reverse camera, intelligent lights, ambient lighting, AMG pack, Magic Sky panoramic roof.
Memory seats, intelligent lights and active park assist are standard.

nice spec though. Magic sky control is a giggle.

what is the mileage?

Memory seats, intelligent lights and active park assist are standard.

nice spec though. Magic sky control is a giggle.

what is the mileage?
Thanks for the info. It also has COMAND Satellite Navigation System (not sure if this was standard). Mileage is 5,445

Its clear you like the car so just go for it. Really put it through it's paces and fully enjoy for 13 days and return it if you detect anything that concerns you, maybe even take to and indie to tear apart do a scan etc etc during those days.
I'm leaning towards it, cheers.

Hope it works out for you. That’s the cost of, what, a bog standard MX-5? Lot of car for the money.

Cool username, BTW. Say hello to the mice for me.

Cheers,

Gaz

All sing along together ... But it, buy it, buy It, buy It ... he said take a 14day 500ml test drive ;), you can't go far wrong with a good warranty too, maybe even ask for extension to the warranty to close the deal. :cool:

I'd say buy it, 12 months warranty should show up any issues and if you don't trust it after that either extend the warranty or move it on.

If the roof has not moved in 6 years I would make sure it works 100% and the seals have not dried up (compressed) , no leaks . Is the roof system due an hydraulic fluid service ?

I’ll have it. Where do I sign?
Sounds great. With a main dealer you’re safe.

From what you have said has been done by the main dealer the only thing I would add would be an atf change. Otherwise, what an amazing find! Enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom