R231 SL350 been parked up for 6 years. Any advice please?

OP
OP
S

Slartibartfast

SUPPORTER
Car
S350
First drive today (to get essential food shopping). Dream to drive - so smooth and so comfy, no rattles or other unwanted noises. Will be waiting until after lockdown to go on a "proper" run.

DRF20000

MB Enthusiast
Car
On order
That looks brilliant for not a great deal of money.

geoffus

Car
E250 AMG Sport Convertible, B200, Yamaha YZF R1.
Looks brilliant, you have 285/30 x 19 tyres on the back ? They look like monsters.

MEMERC7

Car
SLK 250 AMG Sport 125 Ltd Edition
Delightful story to read as are the kind positive helpful responses also a delight.
I note that one poster suggested always having the AC on, something a Mercedes. salesman once suggested to me. Still bitter at having already suffered a costly Mercedes AC failure within 40k miles from new (I had numerous non-premium company cars most doing 150k miles & NONE had AC failures) & am anxious to to have the experience repeated. What's the advice here?

C43AMG

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
500L ( W221 ), 2014 AMG CL 5.5 Biturbo ( W216 ) Sold, 2014 Brabus Smart ( 451 Coupe ) Mapped 130bhp
Delightful story to read as are the kind positive helpful responses also a delight.
I note that one poster suggested always having the AC on, something a Mercedes. salesman once suggested to me. Still bitter at having already suffered a costly Mercedes AC failure within 40k miles from new (I had numerous non-premium company cars most doing 150k miles & NONE had AC failures) & am anxious to to have the experience repeated. What's the advice here?
Yes keep it on :thumb:

D

Deleted member 150136

My R231 a/c failed, was covered under the warranty fortunately.

iMacbeth

Car
SL350 R231
It’s just getting the front valance/chin spoiler touched up and MOT, so will post next week when I get it 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom