R231 SL350 been parked up for 6 years. Any advice please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why haven't you bought it yet? This thread has run it's course so now we need some pics of your car and your first impressions of driving it! :D :)
See post #43 - I bought it last Friday :)

It's being delivered on 2nd Feb. Pics and first impressions to follow shortly after!

There won't be any invoice for internally charged pre-sales prep. work. They probably meant it would have been £5000 if you'd paid for it yourself, although even that sounds unlikely!

In the past I've received no paperwork for MB warranty repairs - this may have changed though as I just had a free B service done on an Approved Used car and got a normal invoice (showing zero to pay).

There won't be any invoice for internally charged pre-sales prep. work. They probably meant it would have been £5000 if you'd paid for it yourself, although even that sounds unlikely!

In the past I've received no paperwork for MB warranty repairs - this may have changed though as I just had a free B service done on an Approved Used car and got a normal invoice (showing zero to pay).
I would think anything going onto the official service record on STAR should be accompanied by a zero invoice. Other work wouldn't.

I would think anything going onto the official service record on STAR should be accompanied by a zero invoice. Other work wouldn't.
Yes, I would expect an internal zero value invoice because it is going from one division (service dept) to another (sales dept). If you ask nicely perhaps they can print a copy for you and include in the paperwork when you collect the car.

Yes, I would expect an internal zero value invoice because it is going from one division (service dept) to another (sales dept). If you ask nicely perhaps they can print a copy for you and include in the paperwork when you collect the car.
That would be interesting just to see what was done.

(trying to embed pics)
I usually USB the phone to a computer to add photos so I can drop and resize them sensible to something like 1200pixle width, otherwise they can be too large to upload 👍

If you click on the attached photo, there should be options for thumbnail or entire image (or similar). Click on one of those options and it adds in the 'attachment'

Wow !!!! you absolutely had a result there. Congratulations on your new arrival, now let the journey of discovery and enjoyment begin 🏁 :cool:

PS. you will have the biggest ( discreet ) grin as you cruise out with the roof down ... brand new shades on and super cool at all times :cool:

Last edited:
My to do list,

1/ rubber protection on garage wall so I don't damage doors .. :wallbash:
2/ disable keyless entry to avoid not having anything to put in the garage .. :oops:

several more jobs to follow .. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom