R231 SL350 been parked up for 6 years. Any advice please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My to do list,

1/ rubber protection on garage wall so I don't damage doors .. :wallbash:
2/ disable keyless entry to avoid not having anything to put in the garage .. :oops:

several more jobs to follow .. ;)
1: Done
2: (Keys in Faraday pouches)
Other jobs:
- Gummi pflege to be applied to all rubber
- Full detailing
- Enjoy the ride after lockdown

a true R231 with misty headlights .. is it the same other side?
They were ok before they went into garage. Very damp day. Small condensation is to be expected and will disappear soon after lights go on (or when weather dries up). Nothing to worry about.

Looking very nice! Some nice options on there like the magic sky roof and electric wind deflector.

Where did you get the options listed with associated prices? I've managed to get a full listing of all the factory fits on my SL350 from vin decoder, but it doesn't have the pricing like your one does.

Looking very nice! Some nice options on there like the magic sky roof and electric wind deflector.

Where did you get the options listed with associated prices? I've managed to get a full listing of all the factory fits on my SL350 from vin decoder, but it doesn't have the pricing like your one does.
I asked the Mercedes Dealer to do me a print off and that's what they gave me. It's an "Oasis" enquiry I think

Lovely car, well bought :cool:

Congratulations, a great deal :thumb: :) I presume the tyres are the originals. Just check the DOT date and ii the sidewalls have perished in any way. 7/8 years old ??

Looks lovely that. It's odd it sat still for so long although it happens. I have a car in the garage which hasn't moved in coming up for 8 years. It's nothing special be a relatively modern car but houses, kids and more cars just got in way.

In terms of stuff perishing, a genuine albeit slightly rhetorical question. Is there a reason why rubber parts should perish any worse than a normal 6 year old car? Some may become brittle but surely less so than a car that's been outside, driven on salty wet roads etc.

Either way, lovely car OP, enjoy. :)

Well done, Sir. Very tasteful.

Methinks you got a bargain there. I love low mileage cars

That is absolutely beautiful. Nice lot of work they've done on it for you.
Enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom