R2D2 lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
I saw your update but cant reply, headlamps look great
1) How much do they cost?
2) Are they more efficeint than the original pre facelift types? :bannana:

Sorry Nigel I only just saw this! I'm afraid to say I have no idea what they cost as they are standard on my car. What I can say is that they are exellent lights and are even better than my xenon charged bulbs in my old car. I dont know what they have done in the design of them, and I would be interested to know, as their performance is excellent as I believe Fuzzer said they would be.

The pre facelift Halogen headlmaps were pretty good (frosted) lenses... The halogen headlamps on a face lift W203 that I was given as coutesy car when mine was written off did not seem as bright/good as the old frosted lenses on my other W203s but were sufficient on the face lift.

Personally, if going to the expense of updating the headlamps then I would go for bi xenons (best option on my former car and worth every single penny) - not only excellent vison and the cool factor look but the bi xenons headlamps are 100% crystal clear and are differnt to the face lift headlamps which still have that element of the frosted appearance...

Bi xenons are not cheap but there are a number of soucres that do them considerably cheaper than the STealers (Seve from Netherlands supplies them too at a reasonable price...)

Off topic: My friend and myself are fitting his bi xenons to his W203 on Sunday... :cool:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom