R350 Limp mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Splatter

Car
Mercedes R350CDi
Morning all, 1st time caller so bear with me.
I've got, for my sins, a 2011 R350CDi, and apart from the normal oil leak it's ok, barring one small problem.
Every 1 hour and 23 minutes it goes into limp mode, if you turn it off and restart it before that time it's fine for another 1h 23m, etc.
I have scanned it, unfortunately I'm on the train and can't remember the code, which helps...
Has anyone had anything similar? If so what causes it?

Morning all, 1st time caller so bear with me.
I've got, for my sins, a 2011 R350CDi, and apart from the normal oil leak it's ok, barring one small problem.
Every 1 hour and 23 minutes it goes into limp mode, if you turn it off and restart it before that time it's fine for another 1h 23m, etc.
I have scanned it, unfortunately I'm on the train and can't remember the code, which helps...
Has anyone had anything similar? If so what causes it?
Update, the code is P062F, something to do with the EEPROM

You probably need to get it on STAR to delve into why that is happening. Normal code scanners do not go deep enough.

Just a thought - has this ever been re-mapped?

According to the last owner it has, although they had no paperwork to back that up. It certainly goes very well but not having driven another I've got no comparison.
I've had it for 3 years, but it's only been doing it for 6 months or so.
TBH I'd forgotten about it as my commute is normally only an hour or so, but yesterday was closer to 3 due to the OMGSNOWKAOS in the East Angular reagion.

Could be related to that then - map gone bad?

I suppose it's possible, as said above I'll have to get it hooked up to STAR to assess it fully. My local mechanic has got it, when he's back at work I'll get him to have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom