R550

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavidL

MB Enthusiast
Car
s203 C55, x218 CLS63
I haven't seen one of these actually badged as a 550. I thought we just had 500 cars over here. Looks smart.

Reactions: Ice
I haven't seen one of these actually badged as a 550. I thought we just had 500 cars over here. Looks smart.

AFAIK "550" naming was only used in the US, and all M-B models with the later 5.5 V8 were still called 500 here.

If it's been re-badged then maybe it's really a diesel? :D

For sale in Formby!
Could be an ex footballers car?

It’s been relisted
2009 Mercedes-Benz R Class 5.5 R500 Sport L 7G-Tronic 5dr (7 seats)

Pre face lift ones look ugly tome, The face lift are much better looking, Cant stand all the silver trim makes the car look cheap imho.

Pre face lift ones look ugly tome, The face lift are much better looking, Cant stand all the silver trim makes the car look cheap imho.

The only one I've seen was silver and looked very bloated.

That one looks much better.

It wouldn't be my first choice but on the other hand could be a cheap way to get a 5.5.

The R Class either looks like a bloated E Class estate or a slimmed-down ML ... depends on your point of view!

Is it an import, or did somebody just re-badge it? AFAIK all 5.5s (including E Class etc.) were still badged and sold as 500 in the UK, not 550.

Glad you enjoy it they must be a very over looked model. Would like to drive a 5.5 n/a v8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom