R63 AMG - Collecting Cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rare; barge; not sure about cool. It certainly won't be cool in a multi-storey car park...

Rare; barge; not sure about cool. It certainly won't be cool in a multi-storey car park...
Are you referring to the width? Well that’s pretty much every SUV 🤷‍♂️ Wouldn’t be an ideal ‘toy’ but if I had space (and funds 😂) for a third car, I wouldn’t mind a punt at this 👍🏼

25-02-2022-rg-cc-01.jpg

Certainly not a "pretty" Mercedes is it?......but then I would say that as hate all SUVs and most owners buy them to look cool and burn more fuel because what they really actually needed was an estate car! YMMV!

Or you could get the Black Series.
R63 BS Rear.jpgR63 BS Front.jpg

Certainly not a "pretty" Mercedes is it?......but then I would say that as hate all SUVs and most owners buy them to look cool and burn more fuel because what they really actually needed was an estate car! YMMV!
Even worse than than being an SUV, it’s an AMG!

At least SUVs have a practical purpose - whether it’s strictly necessary for all owners or not - whereas I can’t think of any practical reason for buying an AMG over their regular equivalent. It must be the same looking cool and burning more fuel you mention, what they really needed was a 220d!

AMGs and SUVs, who’d have one?

At least SUVs have a practical purpose - whether it’s strictly necessary for all owners or not - whereas I can’t think of any practical reason for buying an AMG over their regular equivalent. It must be the same looking cool and burning more fuel you mention, what they really needed was a 220d!

Just so I understand, you don’t like AMGs? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, that’s your opinion. Just wanted to confirm I read that right

Erm.... Could it be because they go much faster than their regular equivalents? Some of us quite like to go fast... ;)

Think you have one.

Think you have one.
It’s the dialectic.

People do what people do.

Whether it’s a mother driving her daughter to Soccer in an SUV, or an AMG driver not breaking the speed limits (by much) on her way to work.

I think it’s hideous. But that’s just my opinion. And I’m an SUV and AMG owner. Personally I think that SUV’s make better family and pet cars than wagons (I’ve had both). It’s a personal choice.

Just so I understand, you don’t like AMGs? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, that’s your opinion. Just wanted to confirm I read that right
No you read it wrong. I quite like AMGs and I quite like SUVs. I think AMG make quite good SUVs too.

That they only sold 10 R63’s in the UK, of which just five are still in regular use, tells us a lot about the appeal of the R63.

Regardless of whether it’s liked generally, the two top bidders will work out what it’s worth. And maybe whether a high powered black on black Soccermummobile is “cool.”

A40BC631-460E-438B-813D-EC4E387759E5.jpeg

Last edited:
Horses for courses. If the owner likes it then so be it.

but it needs 100 knocking off the price - the classic MB rusted wheel nuts.

Horses for courses. If the owner likes it then so be it.

but it needs 100 knocking off the price - the classic MB rusted wheel nuts.
Bubbling alloys and a decent amount of gravel rash across the bonnet too.
It's kind of different so I like it. But not enough to put a bid in.

That they only sold 10 R63’s in the UK, of which just five are still in regular use, tells us a lot about the appeal of the R63.

There were 12 taxed in the UK at the end of 2007:

1646126583294.png

Interesting that there are still 9 around (5 taxed, 4 SORNed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom