Race the Sun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds intriguing, I'm trying to work out a better route than the M25 around London.

Well the time you are going to be at the M25 traffic will not be a problem,it has to be the best way,then A12 to Ipswich then A14,watch out for the Orwell Bridge it is 60mph and those cameras work then A12 again.

Best route is M25N
At midnight, the traffic is light
Then, as zipdip suggests

M25S sounds Ok, but, the Darford bottleneck only needs a minor hiccup and you're screwed

We are now about 6 weeks away from the trip
I have a hotel booked, we plan to be touristy on the way down.

I, with copilot, will arrive at LE just after 17.00hr with luck, after a bite to eat at the Last Pub in England.

How about we list our Christian name and the car we plan to use?
This way, it's easier to make contact when we get there.
I'm happy to start;
John - Silver SL500

We are now about 6 weeks away from the trip
I have a hotel booked, we plan to be touristy on the way down.

I, with copilot, will arrive at LE just after 17.00hr with luck, after a bite to eat at the Last Pub in England.

How about we list our Christian name and the car we plan to use?
This way, it's easier to make contact when we get there.
I'm happy to start;
John - Silver SL500
We, My Wife and i along with a friend,Steve are booked at Portishead Premier Inn for Sunday night, planning to run down to to the start on Monday at a leisurely pace,get fuelled up and stock the snack shelf up.Steve is going the Clarkson Route and im taking M4/M5

1 John -Silver SL500
2 Martyn Red Jaguar Super V8
3 Steve Green Jaguar 5.0

Gents
There appears to be plans to dig up a section of the A12, close to Lowestoft, over a period that includes the 20th and 21st June

The recommended alternative is a long way around, so, some planning is needed

You'll find details here; it's the last link in the list

the A12 closed at wrentham could knacker this fun run (racing on the highway isnt allowed............)

the posted diversion is via beccles but turning right at wangford to reydon then left to wrentham would be quicker...

the A12 closed at wrentham could knacker this fun run (racing on the highway isnt allowed............)

the posted diversion is via beccles but turning right at wangford to reydon then left to wrentham would be quicker...

Yep, that's what we'll do.
Last time we did the run, we arrived with40 minutes or so, in hand
If we can replicate that, we will be OK

Fourty minutes in hand is smashing it.

Well, we are geared up and ready.
It's still on for us, SWMBO had major surgury 12 days ago, got out of hospital Friday.
She insists that we (No1 son and I) go.
Daughter has agree to be live in nurse for 48hrs.

But, if there are complications, we may abort
Took the expensive option when booking the hotel, so that I could cancel on the day

HOWEVER, God willing, see you down there (and at Ness Point) 😊

We are also ready, meal booked at the First and Last, for about 7pm God speed we will triumph.

I might see you all at the Ness, I live less than 500 yards from there. Plenty of parking there. You won't be able to drive on to the point like Clarkson did though :rolleyes:

We are also ready, meal booked at the First and Last, for about 7pm God speed we will triumph.

We've booked early, 17.30hr, then I can catch 40 winks before the off, if needed

I might see you all at the Ness, I live less than 500 yards from there. Plenty of parking there. You won't be able to drive on to the point like Clarkson did though :rolleyes:

Shame
We managed to park there 3 years ago
Things change . . . . .if I have to walk the last few yards, I'll not complain

We've booked early, 17.30hr, then I can catch 40 winks before the off, if needed

Shame
We managed to park there 3 years ago
Things change . . . . .if I have to walk the last few yards, I'll not complain

I mean actually on to the Ness. There is plenty of parking within 20/30 yards :)

M5 not 25, motorways rule

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom