RaceGlaze DI water Vessel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeeJV

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes C63 AMG editon 507
Hey Guys, I've been doing some research lately into DI water Vessels, I Finally took the plunge and bought a unit from RaceGlaze Uk
The Vessel arrived this morning so spent an our or so running a direct feed to it so I don't have to mess about swapping hoses and lugging it around.

thumbnail_WP_20200404_14_27_56_Pro.jpg

After it was installed I did a small test to see how effective this unit really is, I tested this on my work van that hasn't been washed for 2 weeks and been baking in the sun all day.
I simply filled a 5ltr pump sprayer with the water and sprayed it directly onto the wing and bumper that were in direct sunlight...….
After 30mins the water was still on the panels, 45mins later it had pretty much gone,, no water spots or marks anywhere... In fact it looks like I've just washed and dried with a drying aid.

thumbnail_WP_20200404_16_09_17_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20200404_16_27_17_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20200404_16_27_40_Pro.jpg

Have used one now for a few years as I have a tendency to buy black cars, and as they are a such a PITA to keep clean, the DI makes it so much easier, especially minimising swirl marks.

I only use mine to rinse, makes that resin go along way ;)

Ditto - have the short version - best investment ever

Have used one now for a few years as I have a tendency to buy black cars, and as they are a such a PITA to keep clean, the DI makes it so much easier, especially minimising swirl marks.

I only use mine to rinse, makes that resin go along way ;)

Pointless using filtered water on anything other than the final rinse and if you are hand drying, even more pointless......I don't see it saving swirls unless you are washing your car really badly.
o_Oo_O

I don't see it saving swirls unless you are washing your car really badly.
It's using a chamois or other drying medium that adds swirls. Using filtered water means you just let the car dry off without rubbing anything over the paintwork.

If you put a 6 or 8 mm hose on the outlet that’ll save your resin and give better pressure for a rinse off

It's using a chamois or other drying medium that adds swirls. Using filtered water means you just let the car dry off without rubbing anything over the paintwork.

I do understand how using flitered water works :)however, I'm struggling to understand how drying a clean properly washed car (2 buckets etc) adds swirls unless you are using a filthy rag or drying in a dust storm!

I'm struggling to understand how drying a clean properly washed car (2 buckets etc) adds swirls unless you are using a filthy rag or drying in a dust storm!
Try it on a dark coloured car and you’ll see it happen before your eyes. It’s amazing how much micro-dust is in the air.

If you washyour car once a week (or have two cars and do them fortnightly), using this only for the rinse, how long could you expect this to last before it needs replacing or refilling?
Here in Southampton we have very hard, almost chewy water - does how strong the water is make a difference to resin consumption?

I bought one from Aqua Gleam, the first one after 8 months (roughy) started spitting out bit of grit (presumably the resin) that was replaced under warranty, the next one lasted a couple of months, I measured the PPM coming out and it was the same as the tap water going in. I only used it for the final rinse, not very impressed, chucked it away, not used one since.

If you washyour car once a week (or have two cars and do them fortnightly), using this only for the rinse, how long could you expect this to last before it needs replacing or refilling?
Here in Southampton we have very hard, almost chewy water - does how strong the water is make a difference to resin consumption?

Depends on the hardness of your tap water, the size of your filter, quality of the resin , and how much water you use each time. Get a tester (they are not very expensive) so you can monitor the quality.

There is data on the www to help you calculate usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one from Aqua Gleam, the first one after 8 months (roughy) started spitting out bit of grit (presumably the resin) that was replaced under warranty, the next one lasted a couple of months, I measured the PPM coming out and it was the same as the tap water going in. I only used it for the final rinse, not very impressed, chucked it away, not used one since.

Get one from RaceGlaze like LeeJV has pictured. I have the shorter version (~£100). Refillable. Water should be run through it quite slowly so that the resin has time to react with the solids in the water and just enough pressure to slowly rinse the car ( ~ 3-4 min to do my SL).

Hi,
I have two 11 Litre DI vessels bought from Window Cleaning Resin Vessels & Resin
I bought the first one it lasted approx. 6-8 months, washing one car once a week.
The PPM level was 0-3 PPM at the start as it started to rise I investigated buying and refilling with fresh resin.
I decided to buy a another vessel and to plumb the new one in series after the original one, theory being that though the old vessel's resin was no longer performing it was still lowering the PPM of the water so would extend the life of the new resin.
I am now looking to buy some new resin, there appears to be two types 115 and 151, the latter being more suitable for hard water areas, which being in the Southampton area the PPM of our mains water is approx. 270-280.

I am now looking to buy some new resin, there appears to be two types 115 and 151, the latter being more suitable for hard water areas, which being in the Southampton area the PPM of our mains water is approx. 270-280.
FWIW, where I live the water is pretty hard (TDS for my tap water is between 365 and 385) and after talking it through with the guy at Daqua I've continued to use Tulsion MB-115 resin.

not very impressed, chucked it away, not used one since
You are definitely the outlier here.

It's important to realise that the resin performance deteriorates with use, and once the output water reaches a TDS level of ~30ppm it will then rise very rapidly meaning that it becomes totally ineffective after just a couple more uses. Simply discard the old, exhausted, resin and refill with new.

Raceglaze based their testing on water of 420ppm and that gave them around 450ltrs at 0ppm, I bought the 14ltr version as it works out 30% more efficient, again based on 420ppm it would give approx. 1100ltrs of water at 0ppm, my water in kent t is 280ppm so it should give me quite a bit more.

If you have hard water fitting a couple of these with a particulate filter and carbon filter will prolong your resin life by pre cleaning the tap water. They’re not expensive and the filters should last a year
Housings

If you put a 6 or 8 mm hose on the outlet that’ll save your resin and give better pressure for a rinse off

I didn't think of that too buddy, I've also got a separate hose from the Vessel so that it doesn't get contaminated with tap water, this will no doubt reduce the effect and ultimately waste the water as it would get flushed through with tap water every time you switched over.

I also tested to see if it worked as well using a pump sprayer so I can maintain the amount used on every rinse. I took the nozzle off the end so that it works the same as an open ended hose.

If you have hard water fitting a couple of these with a particulate filter and carbon filter will prolong your resin life by pre cleaning the tap water. They’re not expensive and the filters should last a year
Housings

I was thinking about adding an inline water filter on the feed before it gets to the outside tap too..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom