Racing car sound from the speaker W222

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Denisaok

Car
64 plate w222 S class 350D
Hi All

I have had my 2914 s class for a week now and I have been hearing a racing car sound from the speaker, at first I thought it was coming from the radio. Today as I started the car and pulled off I heard it again, I have noted that it only happens when I first start the car.
I think this is something that was fitted by the last owner, as I don't believe it is an MB thing. I have made a video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If anybody can help it would be much appreciated

Regards
Denis

Its probably the stupid thing where Mercedes add engine sporty noise back into the stereo. Real PITA when you are trying to improve the sound system. Lots of sound through subwoofer too.

Probably can be coded out (model dependent) or some wire cutting .. (depending what is generating the sound)

R

This

Its probably the stupid thing where Mercedes add engine sporty noise back into the stereo. Real PITA when you are trying to improve the sound system. Lots of sound through subwoofer too.

Probably can be coded out (model dependent) or some wire cutting .. (depending what is generating the sound)

R
Thanks for the reply I have just added a subwoofer to the rear connected to the front passenger sub in the floor, do you think thats whats caused it

I noticed this on my 2014 E63 after I had the Mercedes Me app fitted to the car.
I wonder if that is what you hear?
This is spooky I also just had this enabled 3 days ago same day I did the sub

This is spooky I also just had this enabled 3 days ago same day I did the sub

If you unplug the app from the OBD port under the steering column and start the car and the noise disappears, I think you may have the answer.
I've got used to it but its a bit naff to be honest:D

That’s the sound of the Mercedes Me adapter which is plugged into the OBDII port beneath the steering wheel. It makes a sound when it successfully establishes a Bluetooth connection with the app on your mobile phone.

I noticed this on my 2014 E63 after I had the Mercedes Me app fitted to the car.
I wonder if that is what you hear?

Yep it happens in my wife's car with MM adaptor & comes from her phone.

That’s the sound of the Mercedes Me adapter which is plugged into the OBDII port beneath the steering wheel. It makes a sound when it successfully establishes a Bluetooth connection with the app on your mobile phone.
Yep thats exactly what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom