Racing on public roads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt45

Car
R230 SL350
I've been reading some of the recent threads about people racing on public roads. Last night on Look North, the local BBC TV news program, there was an article about a 17 year old with no licence or insurance racing his pal on the B roads of Lincolnshire. He came round a corner on the wrong side of the road and hit another car head on. The middle aged couple in the other car were not hurt but their car was a complete mess. News item was that the youngster would not be charged or convicted because 'he was too young'. Now the law abiding couple have no car, a huge bill through their insurance company and worse still, the 17 year old has got away with a WARNING. What sort of message does this send out to the rest of the 'Kevins' who think it's clever to drive without a licence or any supporting lagal approval [insurance, tax, MOT etc] What is wrong with this country? All the proud owners of their cherrished cars are at risk from idiots like this with no come back or even satisfaction that the guilty party will be banned for a suitable period [life]. I was cross to say the least. :mad:

End result? A growth in vigilantism. People will seek 'redress' through other means. Probably not in the case of this middle aged couple but others can and do.

The powers that be tell us reported crime is down - no wonder if this the end result of a really obvious crime!

Great Britain; what a wonderful place at times:rolleyes:

No surprise to me whatsoever...

Here in belfast there is a massive problem with car theft. Its also called joy riding, hooding all in all its a problem for everyone that lives in the area for many reasons.

Example:
17 year old scum bag decides to steal a car, thrash the life out of it and inevidably crash it into someone or something and either get caught by the police or burn the car they stole and then run off scot free.
Say he got caught, the police cannot do much to him because he is a minor. They cannot apply the same punishment to someone else driving their own car without insurance for some retarded reason.

At most they will get sent to a yound offenders centre here called Hydebank which is apparently like a holiday home because they have all the privelages they want. On top of this they get let out during holiday periods with no tagging or restrictions and most of them dont then return.

Why is it that if someone steals a car worth 20 grand and gets caught they get a slap on the wrists, yet if you walk into a shop and steal 20 k from the shop you are gonna get bunged up for a good few years. What sense does this make?

This is just one of the many reasons when you see advertisements for insurance companies on TV is says on the bottom "Not available in Northern Ireland" It all sickens me to the back teeth.

I didnt want to start a big rant about this because it makes my blood boil even thinking about it. I could go on for hours about the situation here with the scumbags being touts and the cops being corrupt and paramilitaries having to police the place themselves but thats all for another day. Im in a good mood today and i dont want to spoil it reminding myself of the s**t we face living here everyday.:crazy:

This is just one of the many reasons when you see advertisements for insurance companies on TV is says on the bottom "Not available in Northern Ireland" It all sickens me to the back teeth.

I've seen that and understand why it's a problem insuring cars in NI. So how do you get insurance?

I still feel half the problem is the weak police don't want to get involved because it's too difficult. They'd rather get their revenue by taking money off people who can be traced for triv like going 5 mins over on a parking meter or accidentally going over the speed limit by a couple of MPH. Real crime is just ignored. I wonder what would have happened if the youth had killed someone - doesn't bear thinking about really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom