Racism

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shall we take bets on how long this thread will be allowed to run?

🤔

Is there anything more depressing than a load of stale old white guys discussing how they are the only people that know the reality of racism.
I’ve no clue about racism.

Is it where young black guys laugh and joke about what they’re going to go to some white birds at the weekend because I’ve heard those conversations. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is there anything more depressing than a load of stale old white guys discussing how they are the only people that know the reality of racism.
Isn't that rather offensive "fun" uncle? You seem to be quite discriminatory in your language. And making rather sweeping statements. I find your comment really rather offensive; sexist and racist. You specifically mention peoples' colour and gender and then make a generalisation about them. You utter t1t, can you not see that you're doing exactly what you most likely claim to be adamantly against?!

I’ve no clue about racism.

Is it where young black guys laugh and joke about what they’re going to go to some white birds at the weekend because I’ve heard those conversations. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It isn't considered correct to hold opinions anymore unless they are totally in line with Woke thinking (an oxymoron if ever there was one)

I was hugely fortunate during my career to be able to work with people from every Continent and many, many countries.
People of many diffeent backgrounds, religions , cultures etc etc.

Never did I feel the need to think about or question them for their backgrounds only for their professional abilities, teamwork and dedication to their role which were nearly always exemplary.

99.9%plus of the people I have met and worked with have made my life better and enriched by the almost universal kindness received and friendships I formed.

There are, as we know,, bad and evil people in the world but those qualities are not due to race etc.

Last edited:
It was another Jessie Owens moment- HITLER walked out of the stadium in the 30's.
Talking of racism how many Uyghurs are there in the Chinese team?
And the Russians are up to their old doping tricks with that young female skater---who's betting it was one of the puberty delaying drugs?
Remember Nadia Comaneci- she also got sha**ed by some high ranking communist party official- not that would happen today of course.
Todays showcase oriented olympics still has a habit of exposing the best and the worst in the nations of the world despite all the glitz :(

Last edited:
Isn't that rather offensive "fun" uncle? You seem to be quite discriminatory in your language. And making rather sweeping statements. I find your comment really rather offensive; sexist and racist. You specifically mention peoples' colour and gender and then make a generalisation about them. You utter t1t, can you not see that you're doing exactly what you most likely claim to be adamantly against?!
What sweeping generalisation did I make, it seams to me you are choosing to be offended rather like the woke generation you may consider so unpalatable.

I have a lot of black friends, one of whom is pretty hacked off that he can no longer watch Little Britain.

Some people complain that there are too many black people in TV adverts these days.
Are there increasing numbers of white people in TV adverts in the Caribbean and similar places? I doubt it.

The thing that bugs me about the TV adverts that contain more black people is, some of the advertisers may not care a jot about black people, but just want to be seen to be doing the right thing and are therefore raking in extra revenue by doing so.

Tell me something, though.

It is still acceptable for joke after joke about the Irish to be churned out?

Is there a huge Irish Lives Matter campain? Well, why ever not!?

Or other campaigns for Jews, MuslIms, Hindus, Sikhs?
What about blind people? How many Stevie Wonder jokes have you heard or told?

I recently saw a race for female Jockeys only.
There isn't a race in the whole calendar where women can't ride against men.
Imagine the uproar if there was a race exclusively for male jockeys. That would be spotted in a flash!

We will soon live in a boring, tripwire type world where everyone is afraid to even breathe for fear of upsetting someone.

At the end of the day, we are all the same, but different, and you can't laugh at one thing and then complain about being offended by another.

For the record, racism exists in non-white groups against other non-white groups. I have heard it many times. Yeah, it goes on!

I asked my mate, my right hand man at work to pass something to me and he said "Yes Massa, Yes Massa".
I told him to turn it in and he laughed.
He's my great mate, and he is black!

I was hugely fortunate during my career to be able to work with people from every Continent and many, many countries.
99.9%plus of the people I have met and worked with have made my life better and enriched by the almost universal kindness received and friendships I formed.
Same here.
My whole working life has been full of people from all over the world all working on building sites in London.

I always make a point of asking tradesmen where they’re from because there’s a good chance I been there. If I haven’t I make plans to go there.

I’ve had some wonderful conversations with Romanians about their country and the Albanians are intrigued to why I went to Tirana in 1992. This goes the other way because the Greeks couldn’t understand why I left prosperous London to move to Skiathos.

I love chatting to the old Indian boys about Goa and I remember taking advice from them when I travelled from Mumbai to Kerala back in 97.

My life as a Londoner would be pretty boring if we were all the same.

I have a lot of black friends, one of whom is pretty hacked off that he can no longer watch Little Britain.

Some people complain that there are too many black people in TV adverts these days.
Are there increasing numbers of white people in TV adverts in the Caribbean and similar places? I doubt it.

The thing that bugs me about the TV adverts that contain more black people is, some of the advertisers may not care a jot about black people, but just want to be seen to be doing the right thing and are therefore raking in extra revenue by doing so.

Tell me something, though.

It is still acceptable for joke after joke about the Irish to be churned out?

Is there a huge Irish Lives Matter campain? Well, why ever not!?

Or other campaigns for Jews, MuslIms, Hindus, Sikhs?
What about blind people? How many Stevie Wonder jokes have you heard or told?

I recently saw a race for female Jockeys only.
There isn't a race in the whole calendar where women can't ride against men.
Imagine the uproar if there was a race exclusively for male jockeys. That would be spotted in a flash!

We will soon live in a boring, tripwire type world where everyone is afraid to even breathe for fear of upsetting someone.

At the end of the day, we are all the same, but different, and you can't laugh at one thing and then complain about being offended by another.

For the record, racism exists in non-white groups against other non-white groups. I have heard it many times. Yeah, it goes on!

I asked my mate, my right hand man at work to pass something to me and he said "Yes Massa, Yes Massa".
I told him to turn it in and he laughed.
He's my great mate, and he is black!
My wife is Jewish and so is our daughters boyfriend.

They laugh at jokes about Jews and money and not liking to get their hands dirty because…..it’s true.

What sweeping generalisation did I make, it seams to me you are choosing to be offended rather like the woke generation you may consider so unpalatable.
To me "a load of old white guys" is a generalisation. It is discriminatory on the basis of age, gender, and ethnicity because you deliberately decided not to call out specific people, rather focus on their age, appearance, ethnicity etc.

To me "a load of old white guys" is a generalisation. It is discriminatory on the basis of age, gender, and ethnicity because you deliberately decided not to call out specific people, rather focus on their age, appearance, ethnicity etc.
Plus that poster has no idea about the demographics etc of the Forum members but took a lazy shot to try to make a spurious point.

Plus that poster has no idea about the demographics etc of the Forum members but took a lazy shot to try to make a spurious point.
Right. Am I male? Am I white? Am I old or young? Is my partner same or opposite gender? Is my partner the same ethnicity as me? Would they be extremely offended by implications made? Who knows.

And then vanishes. They have history.
If ever there was a misnomer in a username, it's @Fununcle

And then vanishes. They have history.
If ever there was a misnomer in a username, it's @Fununcle
Oh they have history!

It is rather sad that such people seek to deliberately set out to inflame and derail perfectly reasonable conversations such as this.

My "significant other" (in keeping with the thread!) is a Psychologist and finds the interactions of those to whom we refer to as "Keyboard warriors" quite fascinating and, at times, quite disturbing.

Just a guess
Maybe you shouldn't be so offensive based on guesswork. Just a suggestion (and to keep the popcorn munchers going). What is your stratification criterion for "old" out of interest....?
Does that mean that people immediately fall into your discriminatory categories upon their "old" birthday?
What about people who consider themselves both white and non-white; how do you stigmatise them....?

Maybe you shouldn't be so offensive based on guesswork. Just a suggestion (and to keep the popcorn munchers going). What is your stratification criterion for "old" out of interest....?
Does that mean that people immediately fall into your discriminatory categories upon their "old" birthday?
What about people who consider themselves both white and non-white; how do you stigmatise them....?
Maybe

He is just trying to provoke an argument to justify complaining to "Admin" so the thread will be closed down.

It is how their type (see, Gender neutral,) get to feel empowered. 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom