Racism

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzowner

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6Diesel
When did colour prejudice became racism? I ask this as the good old BBC Olympic games coverage, to me, are at it again. In the women's 500m speed skating competition, the winner was an American who happened to be black and the commentator said words to the effect this may help racism which seemed strange in an event where all races of the world compete.

I wouldn’t give much weight to comments made by sports commentators. They are mostly thick as mince. With very few exceptions they spout none stop bollocks. Perhaps a bit of BBC virtue signalling?

I wouldn’t give much weight to comments made by sports commentators. They are mostly thick as mince. With very few exceptions they spout none stop bollocks. Perhaps a bit of BBC virtue signalling?
The BBC's rugby thicko John Inverdale and his derogatory remarks about the beautiful Marion Bartoli spring to mind.

Last edited:
The BBC's rugby thicko John Inverdale and his derogatory remarks about the beautiful Marion Bartoli springs to mind.
I couldn’t remember that episode so looked it up. His comments that “she would never be a looker” are incredibly cringeworthy. They could have been written by Ricky Gervais.

It's a strange irony that it's usually those who supposedly support equality that have the most devisive narrative and insist on stratifying by race/gender/etc. Most people really couldn't give a sh1t what colour/ etc. people are. Another example of the immense disconnect with the general public from the political/media classes (including the police) in my opinion.

I couldn’t remember that episode so looked it up. His comments that “she would never be a looker” are incredibly cringeworthy. They could have been written by Ricky Gervais.
I just Googled her.
He’s not wrong.

When did colour prejudice became racism? I ask this as the good old BBC Olympic games coverage, to me, are at it again. In the women's 500m speed skating competition, the winner was an American who happened to be black and the commentator said words to the effect this may help racism which seemed strange in an event where all races of the world compete.
It's probably because when ethnic minorities representing their country do poorly they are generally subjected to racist abuse.

So one could extrapolate that when they do well they are looked upon more favourably by those that could be categorised as 'racist'.

I just Googled her.
He’s not wrong.

But why would he even mention it? It's a game of tennis not Miss World (do they still do that?)😀

But why would he even mention it? It's a game of tennis not Miss World (do they still do that?)😀
I remember listening to that live on the radio. It was a slow motion car crash and extremely embarrassing. Whilst Darrell is correct, it really did not need mentioning but having started digging the hole he then jumped in with both feet to dig deeper.

I tend to agree with Rich; most people don't give a monkeys about peoples skin tone. It's more to do with who you are as an individual.

Who knows.
We’re all different and we all think differently.

If we all thought like the Wokies want/demand and agreed on everything our lives would be bloody boring.

Who knows.
We’re all different and think differently.

If we all thought like the Wokies and agreed on everything our lives would be bloody boring.

Apparently, there's Miss World, Miss Universe, Miss International, and Miss Earth. All still going strong, I'm told.

Apparently, there's Miss World, Miss Universe, Miss International, and Miss Earth. All still going strong, I'm told.

Well that will get the permanently outraged woke brigade into a full spin😂

Add Miss Black America and MOBO awards ?
And the Brit Awards being presented by a black geezer!
Love to see the backlash when James Corden presents the MOBO awards.

While we’re on the subject of the MOBOS, the main instigator of getting it where it is today is a chap called Andy Ruffell. Google him. He’s about as black as me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom