Radar sensor dirty message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a35guyuk

Car
A35 AMG
Hi there, I have recently upgraded my front grill on my A35 prem plus to the panamericana style grill. Since this upgrade I get a constant message saying radar sensor is dirty. Now my cruise control, lane assist, collision assist and active park assist is disabled. The grill I purchased was supposed to be supportive of the Distronic plus system and used the same large Mercedes badge as previous grill and was not changed. The grill also has the small camera looking like ball above the badge so it shouldn’t be an issue. If anyone can help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 6F845177-B202-4CD4-B59F-E3AEC78D85E2.jpeg
    6F845177-B202-4CD4-B59F-E3AEC78D85E2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Put the old grille back on and see if that sorts the problem. Process of elimination.

I am assuming that the new grille came without the Mercedes badge (containing the radar sensor)? And that you re-used the original badge (and radar sensor) from the original grille? And that there's nothing obscuring the badge?

If so, I can think of two possible causes. The first is that there's an issue with the wiring to the badge or its connector. The second is that you turned the ignition on while the badge (and radar sensor) was disconnected, which generated an error code, that can only be cleared using STAR (or iCarsoft/Carly), I.e. the fault does not clear itself once the badge has been reconnected. Do you have access to STAR (or iCarsoft/Carly)? If so, try cleaning the fault code and see if it comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom