radiator fan ml270

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonafloat

Car
ML270 CDI
Hi all

the radiator fan on our ml270 doesn't seem to be coming on, checked the large fuse on the battery terminal but that's fine, what else should I check?

Thanks

Simon

Are you sure it's not coming on?

I have never physically seen mine come on, but I know it works. I've heard the fan doesn't come on until the car gets to approx 100c. Which would make sense as when I was sat in a traffic jam for over an hour, the temp would climb then as soon as it hit a certain temp, you could see it dropping back down to normal.

Are you sure it's not coming on?

I have never physically seen mine come on, but I know it works. I've heard the fan doesn't come on until the car gets to approx 100c. Which would make sense as when I was sat in a traffic jam for over an hour, the temp would climb then as soon as it hit a certain temp, you could see it dropping back down to normal.

Well I must admit that it hasn't overheated and I have sat in traffic without any problems... But I used to be able to hear when the fan came on quite clearly. Does it have different speeds? Maybe it is working but at a lower, quieter speed... I dunno, halfway through moving house so maybe one to just forget about for the time being.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom