Radiator Light - 93 C180

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simyc1

Car
1993 C180 Auto
I'm currently exploring why my heating system is constantly blowing hot air regardless of the the temp setting.

I'm a have a go hero when it comes to home mechanics, and can't help but think its a related problem to the Radiator light being constantly on.

What checks/test can I carry out to find the source of the radiator light problem. Are there specific sensors or the like that I can replace on the cheap which might cure the problem??

Thanks

Simyc1

If you disconnect the plug to the temp sensor then bridge it the light should go out. If it doesnt then you have some sort of loom problem. If it goes out then the sensor is at fault. Easy fix, twist pull out. Replacement is a reversal of the extraction. Costs about a tenner.

Also the temp issue could be down to the heater valve (duo valve)

Cheers Ollie

Tried the bridging with paperclip and sure enough the light went out. So there's a new sensor on the way to my local parts dealer. £12-£14

On the other hand I knacked my duo valve trying to give it a good clean so on the look out from the local breakers for a spare one. Anyone any tips for a cheap parts dealer online??

Try using these , Dronsfields , there is the UK , I got a part for my car from them last month . Had the part in less than a week and they only charged me £97 where other breakers whanted around £200 for the same part . Imfound them through 1st choice spares . Hope this helps

Light still coming on

Hi folks,

okay so its been a few months, thermostat changed all working well until latetly.

Light is coming on as i'm losing very small amounts of water say half a kettle over a period of about a month, i've recently replace the duo valve as i knew it was busted but thats another story (i hope).

So any tips on where to start with the ater loss, before it gets too late??

Cheers
Simon

Have a look at the radiator and water pump as these are common to leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom