Radiator TRV - plumber advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
I am going to replace a white radiator with a chrome towel rail one. I'd rather not have to drain the whole system so am going to do it with the TRV in-situ.

But of course the top of the TRV is white - can I simply buy just the top but in chrome? What should I ask/search for?

I think we would need a bit more info...like what brand and model of TRV you have. ;)

Evil **** things. You should just be able to replace the top - see if you can get the manufacturers name off yours then investigate at screwfix / plumbcentre etc.

I had to change the valve body on one of ours a couple of weekends ago. All the drain-down valves had seized. Ended up cheating and putting a self cutting tap on some our of the way pipework running through the garage. Then discovered the ball valve in the tank had seized off. This was at 4pm on a Saturday. Not impressed.

Eventually managed to link my new drain down tap to an outside tap with a hosepipe and err filled from the bottom up. Not the way your supposed to do it!

If you can avoid a drain down do!

ETA - Radiator still did not heat up. Discovered it was turned off at the other end. Can't remember when I did this, but have a nasty feeling that it was in the summer and consequently the valve body may well not have been faulty. Have not told the o/h this bit!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom