Radio 2 reception has be ome really poor

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by clanny, Feb 27, 2015.

1. clanny

clanny Member

Car:
    2004 E220 cdi
    I've found that over the past few months my reception in my 04 w211 has become really poor at several points in my 55 mile commute. To the point that in places I just can't get it at all.

The others in my car pool don't have the same problem and none of the other stations suffer, so it can't be the ariel nor the transmitters. I can only think it's the signal for radio 2 is wandering (could be the bbc are phasing it out?) and my system is struggling to track the best signal.

Has anyone suffered this? Is there an update that I can do to my command or tuning system that'll help?

Any help gratefully received.

2. Ted

Ted MB Club Veteran

Car:
    SLC 250D AMG Line, Yamaha XVS 1100, Jeep Renegade
    Are you charging your phone via a lead plugged into your fag lighter?
    Try disconnecting it.

3. OP
    OP
    clanny

clanny Member

Car:
    2004 E220 cdi
    Hi Ted, thanks for your reply. I hadn't thought of it but that's what it was. Really odd that it was only for one radio station and only for certain parts of the journey. Anyway, I've got it down now. Time to do a little research on interference suppression on the net. Maybe a quick RC mod might smooth it out enough for proper radio operation.

1 person likes this.
  4. DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood MB Club Veteran

Car:
    BMW 740Li
    If it only occurred between 2pm and 5pm weekdays I'd consider it a blessing.

5. guydewdney

guydewdney Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    906 Sprinter 313cdi
    My aerial amp blew up, but it had been intermittent of late. If yours is an estate, yank off rhs rear panel (like the lhs one, but more enthusiasm required ) and the amp is the little fag packet size box. Check the connection to it. Mine set light:eek:

6. Druk

Druk Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
    Haha. Good post:thumb: