Radio 2 reception has be ome really poor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clanny

Car
2004 E220 cdi
I've found that over the past few months my reception in my 04 w211 has become really poor at several points in my 55 mile commute. To the point that in places I just can't get it at all.

The others in my car pool don't have the same problem and none of the other stations suffer, so it can't be the ariel nor the transmitters. I can only think it's the signal for radio 2 is wandering (could be the bbc are phasing it out?) and my system is struggling to track the best signal.

Has anyone suffered this? Is there an update that I can do to my command or tuning system that'll help?

Any help gratefully received.

Are you charging your phone via a lead plugged into your fag lighter?
Try disconnecting it.

Hi Ted, thanks for your reply. I hadn't thought of it but that's what it was. Really odd that it was only for one radio station and only for certain parts of the journey. Anyway, I've got it down now. Time to do a little research on interference suppression on the net. Maybe a quick RC mod might smooth it out enough for proper radio operation.

If it only occurred between 2pm and 5pm weekdays I'd consider it a blessing.

My aerial amp blew up, but it had been intermittent of late. If yours is an estate, yank off rhs rear panel (like the lhs one, but more enthusiasm required ) and the amp is the little fag packet size box. Check the connection to it. Mine set light:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom