Radio/CD for 2001 CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCStubbs

Car
CLK320 Cab
I am looking for a radio/cd for the CLK I have just bought.:):)

I want one that works with the steering controls and was thinking that as I don't want to necessarily shell out big bucks I would start with the standard MB fit one from say Ebay. Single DIN audio 10 looks the right one, but I like the look of the double DIN units but don't know which ones fit.

That said I suppose if there is something non-MB -single or double DIN (not too expensive) that I can get with an adapter loom for the steering wheel then maybe that's what I want.

Any advice?

The only double DIN MB ones would be the comand units with the CD based satnav. You would need one for either a w202 or 208. The identical looking units from other models such as 210 or ML wont work. Otherwise alpine or kenwood with a suitable adapter.

I am looking for a radio/cd for the CLK I have just bought.:):)

I want one that works with the steering controls and was thinking that as I don't want to necessarily shell out big bucks I would start with the standard MB fit one from say Ebay. Single DIN audio 10 looks the right one, but I like the look of the double DIN units but don't know which ones fit.

That said I suppose if there is something non-MB -single or double DIN (not too expensive) that I can get with an adapter loom for the steering wheel then maybe that's what I want.

Any advice?

I have just taken out a Audio 10 & 6 CD Changer from my CLK and I was about to put them on Ebay, if your interested :D

The only double DIN MB ones would be the comand units with the CD based satnav. You would need one for either a w202 or 208. The identical looking units from other models such as 210 or ML wont work. Otherwise alpine or kenwood with a suitable adapter.

Comand in a w202?

Comand in a w202?

Seen a couple but its possible they were not factory fit. Olly from PCS had one in his for sure.

I recall shude retro fitting his but he had to make a custom fascia panel as he couldn't buy a factory one. Anywho, get one with a 208 part number and you'll be sorted.

Audio 10 cd is the easiest/cheapest way forward to get your steering wheel controls working.

I have just taken out a Audio 10 & 6 CD Changer from my CLK and I was about to put them on Ebay, if your interested :D

Could be. Do the CLK's come with the wiring loom/harness to the multichanger in the boot or are they an extra if you never had a changer in the first place.?

Sorry, missed this bit. :doh: Your Audio 10 is it R/cassette or single CD? Thanks.

The W163 ML ones will work too.

I have one in my car , just needs to be told by STAR that it is in a 208 instead otherwise it flashes between night and day mode.

So have decided Kenwood (single DIN) - BT42U, Bluetooth streaming, Bluetooth phone control, CD, USB input, Aux input and iPhone compatible.

RCA out put connectors for subwoofer and external MIC if desired.

Remote cable adapter for steering controls is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom