Radio Code for Audio 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dmwelch54

Car
ml 320
Thanks for all assistance I got on the tow bar, now to the radio. I have an Audio 20 which is working but I didn't receive the radio book or the card with the code. Wihtout having to fork out some dosh, anyone know where to get the code? the S/N: AL251050201361 Model MF2510.

Happy New Year,

Dale

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, however from a certain year onwards the security code was linked to the car's VIN, and if your Audio20 falls within this category, then it will not be possible to obtain the code from the Internet.

If your Audio20 is the original unit that was factory-fitted to the car, and it stopped working following a power disconnect, then you may have the older unit and a code might be found online.

If, however, you've bought that Audio20 from someone (e.g. eBay), then it might still be paired to the donor car's VIN. In this case, if the seller disabled the anti-theft security feature before removing the unit from the car, or if they made a note of the code prior to removal, then you will be able to use the Audio20 in your car. But if the Audio20 unit was removed from the donor vehicle without doing the above, then it won't work in your car.

I think that when the anti-theft feature (locking the unit to the car's VIN) was introduced, it could be set to Enable or Disable. I.e. it was possible to disable this feature (using STAR).

Also, unlike the radio code of old, the anti-theft feature was not affected by disconnecting the battery, I.e. the unit only 'locked-up' if moved to a different vehicle.

The way to move a unit that has the anti-theft feature from one car to another, is by either disabling this feature prior to the unit's removal, or by making a note of the anti-theft code while the unit was still in the original vehicle (both require STAR).

That said, we don't know if the OP's Audio20 has the anti-theft feature, and we don't know if he's trying to fit in his car a unit that came from another vehicle (e.g. bought on eBay).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom