Radio Controlled Cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mambo

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 535d Sport, Mini Cooper Convertible
Anyone else got one of these, lots of fun:

07072005(012).jpg

07072005(015).jpg

Thundertiger 1

Thundertiger 2

Last edited:
Not got one of those but got :-

FG Marder buggy 1/5 scale (23cc petrol two stroke) :devil:
AE TC3 indoor carpet racer 1/10 (electric)
AE TC3 Rally 1/10 (electric)
1/12 carpet racer (electric)
along with a few r/c tanks and helicopters (you can see my raptor v2 in my avatar)

Ive been racing all sorts of scale electric/nitro/petrol cars for last 10-12years.
Some people see them as toys :rolleyes: but they are so much more than that!!! :D

I'm in the process trying to decide wether to get a 1/8 rallycross car (like the EB4) or a nitro monster truck (savage)

Paul

Oh they are defo not toys! 60mph rocket ships, lots of fun!

I've got shedloads of RC stuff in the garage. Just some of my collection that I've built myself, all 1/10th scale (except for Elise). Definitely not just for kids :D

4wd F1 Ferrari
L1000057Small.jpg

Military Hummer and Wheelie Jeep
L1000056Small.jpg

Monte Carlo Mini and DTM C Class
L1000055Small.jpg

DTM C Class
L1000039Small.jpg

Ford Juggernaut
L1000037Small.jpg

1/6th scale Lotus Elise
L1000051Small.jpg

Currently looking for a cheap nitro 4x4 or buggy to knockabout with.

Mambo said:
Oh they are defo not toys! 60mph rocket ships, lots of fun!

Wait till you hit yourself hard and have to go to hospital becase of it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

I had to and you should have seen the looks on their faces when I told them what happened :eek: :eek: .

Ended up chipping a bone in my leg :eek: . Wont be doing that again ;)

Quantum2+2 said:
Wait till you hit yourself hard and have to go to hospital becase of it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

I had to and you should have seen the looks on their faces when I told them what happened :eek: :eek: .

Ended up chipping a bone in my leg :eek: . Wont be doing that again ;)

lol

they are also great for chasing neighbourhood dogs with :D

My kids have got one each, but now find that have to take they some way away to use them. Our dogs really, really want to catch these things that zoom around their garden and give them what for.

I've had to abandon flying the indoor helicopter because of the new dog - whereas the old one was happy to stay out of the room and ignore it this one opens the doors and chases it - ever tried landing a model heli with a greyhound trying to catch it?

We really needed a video of that episode :D

Andy

PS both helicopter and greyhound emerged unscathed from the ordeal

Mambo said:
Anyone else got one of these, lots of fun:

07072005(012).jpg

07072005(015).jpg

Thundertiger 1

Thundertiger 2

How about these......

The car is a traxxas 4-tec, nitro powered 2.5R, 0-60 in under 3 seconds
I raced it against my mated bike suzuki GSXR 1100, and beat him, lol

Truck is again a traxxas REVO nitro powered using the same engine as the car.
It will cross any terrain with ease due to its unique suspension layout "F1 STYLE" The jumps it does is truly amazing 20/30ft with ease and slands on its wheels and then carries on as if nothing has happened.
See it in action at www.traxxas.com , select either nitro 4-tec or the Revo then go to the video vaults, you WONT be dissapointed.

BTW, wifey keeps saying im a big baby, wait till i show her this thread.
Thanx for bacing me up you lot :bannana:

Hehe excellent.

I've got the Kyosho 1/8 Inferno MP-.75 Yuichi Kanei Edition III

Goes like a rocket. I used to race them, but now its just for fun - luckily we have a HUGE car park near home which can be used as a serious speed ground.

Lots of fun. Link here:

Kyosho Website Inferno

Last edited:
Brings back memories! :)

I have previously owned most of the Kyosho range, but used to enjoy experimenting :D

For overall fun, speed and durability, it had to be the MP range. Used to have a nice one with loads of spares, OS engine, FM radio gear etc etc.

One of the best projects I had was a 1/10 scale 4wd chassis (GP Spider MKII), fitted with a tuned .21 (3.5cc) engine :eek: , 2 speed transmission and a tuned exhaust. It was amazingly quick. Embarrassingly quick compared to the 1/6 FG stuff and other 1/8s that I had seen and owned! Would shred sets of tires in seconds, and was an uncontrollable missile, but for straight line speed... :devil:

Great stuff :cool:

Will

GP Landmax2 1/8

Recent re-build incl new body - don't want to spoil it now!

7143g6.jpg

Mike

The only radio controlled model I have.

Volvo.jpg

Last edited:
andy_cyp said:
Nice paint job Mike, you do it yourself or buy it that way ??

Here is where I feel smug..... Did it myself :)

This is the paint:

Custom Colour Jade Fusion

71iqg9.jpg

Took four or five coats then finished off with a standard Subaru Blue to give it depth. These paints were about a tenner for 150ml and at the time only came in two colours - that is for the multi-hue effect.

Pretty effective though

Mike

glojo said:
The only radio controlled model I have.

Nice truck John, What size is it, can't tell from the picture so must be a cracking model.

Mike

MikeL said:
Nice truck John, What size is it, can't tell from the picture so must be a cracking model.

Mike

Hi Mike it is 1:14. I'm afraid it will just go into a cabinet along with the trailer. The cab is about 18" in length.

There are certainly some nice models on this thread.

John

Edit: Just noticed I took the picture before I fitted the Globetrotter sun visor... Dratt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom