Radio Controlled models

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Janner posted a link on another thread and rather than go off topic, I thought I wwould post this link.

I saw the huge R\C RAF Galaxy on Sky TV but I think this one is even bigger?

I have now got addicted to looking at all the YouTube links:eek: :eek:

Regards
John

Regards
John

if you view the videos in "full screen" just down in the bottom left hand corner you'll find a weird looking three pointed symbol - click on that and wait whilst youtube trees out all the related videos.

There, now you need never come back from your you tube journey :)

Andy

That is so cool, we go to an annual event for model aircraft at RAF Cosford where there are similar models to this (albeit not quite as big) and it's an excellent day out.:)

Back in 1983-84 my site office was on the apron at Heathrow Terminal 3. Twice a day Concorde took off and the noise was unbelievable. I got into a routine of watching it take off whenever work allowed.
Here in Torquay every morning and evening our windows used to 'rattle' from the sonic pressure waave as this beautiful aircraft went through the sound barrier way out in the Atlantic.

On one fishing trip I was out in the Western Approaches minding my own business and in a world of my own when I quite literally dived for cover. We were unknowingly directly under the flight path of Concorde right where it went through this 'ere sound barrier. By crikey it was like standing under the barrel of a cannon. What a noise, but more to the point what a shame that it no longer graces our skies. I believe that if this aircraft had been built by the US then it would still be in the air today?

Regards
John

Janner posted a link on another thread and rather than go off topic, I thought I wwould post this link.

I saw the huge R\C RAF Galaxy on Sky TV but I think this one is even bigger?

Regards
John

Deja Vu, John ;) .

Here in Torquay every morning and evening our windows used to 'rattle' from the sonic pressure waave as this beautiful aircraft went through the sound barrier way out in the Atlantic.

On one fishing trip I was out in the Western Approaches minding my own business and in a world of my own when I quite literally dived for cover. We were unknowingly directly under the flight path of Concorde right where it went through this 'ere sound barrier. By crikey it was like standing under the barrel of a cannon. What a noise, but more to the point what a shame that it no longer graces our skies. I believe that if this aircraft had been built by the US then it would still be in the air today?

Regards
John

Absolutely correct. They never liked the fact that Europe got one over on them. America is still the classroom bully.

My next door neighbour is one of the Concorde tour guides at Manchester Airport and a few months ago took my family & I on a private tour. On the tour he was explaining much of the politics behind the demise. He also gave me the full report into the Air France crash which makes interesting reading.

I can highly recommend the tour if you are near any of the Concordes.

anyone for a dog fight ...this is what my cousin does in his spare time .... he uses more powerful competition frog engines which he has had for years the aim is to chop the tape at the back of the plane in front of you control liner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZoB-8sXKvQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom