Radio display screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saff

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Audi A8 D4 4.2 TDI W246 B180 CDI Sport
Hi not sure if this is the right forum but here goes.

The display screen (whatever its called) on my S211 has a few blemishes as if its been cleaned by an over zealous idiot. So much so when the sun catches it at certain angles I cannot see anything but the scratches. These are very light but very annoying.

I was thinking t-cut or the likes but thought I'd better ask if anyone had a better idea/experience.

Cheers

Given that polishing is only a succession of diminishing scratches, it may be prudent to start with a less aggressive abrasive first and see where that takes you. Toothpaste or baking powder mixed 2:1 with water are popular solutions that can be tried for free. There are plenty of kits available online involving cordless/electric drills. Just remember your screen may not just be simple glass, it may have been treated with an anti-reflection coating similar to those applied to glasses, phones, laptops and TVs.

I have a similar problem, but mine has had a suction cup on it at some point and it's left a right mark on the screen.
I asked on a detailing forum and it is possible to change it yourself.
It's a protective film over the screen.
Means removing the outer frame though to swap.
I've not had the balls to have a go myself:D
Best seek advice from an auto electrician or MB dealers.
Cheers Ben

Is it as bad as this, can't believe some numpty has stuck a suction cup on it, well that's what it looks like

Ah man that sucks!! Hopefully you can get that sorted, not too sure what recommend but will keep an eye out!

Is it as bad as this, can't believe some numpty has stuck a suction cup on it, well that's what it looks like

Now that would bug the hell out of me.

Be interesting to know the level of abuse to cause that, or maybe an over zealous cleaner at the selling dealership.

Please keep us updated on remedy if any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is definitely plastic on the basic w211 radio display, whatever that's called.

Ta for all the replies chaps.

Should you ever sort out your display then look up 'Savvies Mercedes Screen Protectors'. Bought mine from Amazon.
These are well worth the few quid to protect the screen from over zealous cleaning
Hope this helps

In regards to suction cup on the screen, the previous owner probably preferred Google maps on their phone rather than the built in Garmin device which has it's shortcomings.

I went for it yesterday with the T-cut. Thankfully it seems to have worked ok with no sign of the surface blemishes remaining. I'm not recommending this to anyone by the way, I may just have been lucky.

Strangely there is some sort of mark still which is on the inside of the plastic but hey-ho I can live with that (will have to I guess)

In regards to suction cup on the screen, the previous owner probably preferred Google maps on their phone rather than the built in Garmin device which has it's shortcomings.

That's what I thought as well either that or a satnav. I've tried T-cut but made no difference to mine.

I'll have to look into stripping the film off instead.

I nearly bought the MB satnav module but they was asking 500nicka :eek:

So I use my tablet and Waze is a great navigation App always using it, can't fault TBH

And mines held in place with a bungee cord:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom