Radio interference when rear screen on & poor traffic reception

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
W211 with NTG1

When I put rear screen on it causes interference on any radio channel (this has only started happening fairly recently) Also, the unit has great difficulty "latching" on to traffic news so I wondered if the events connected?

Any thoughts?

I have noticed that when using a fag lighter phone charger, any interference is greatly magnified. Might just be worth pulling the charger out to test if you are using one.

Ted is on the money. If I leave my golf trolley charger plugged in the boot (estate car) I get bad interference. Unplug charger problem stops.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Check for bad earthing

Some chargers have poor filtering or components (sometimes none) on the charger circuitry causing interference.

You can google "ground loop" and see if there's some thing out there to suit your needs :)

Last edited:
No difference with it out :(

Anybody know where the NTG1 grounds to?

Is it not the windscreen grounding that's poor?

I have the same issue. Doesn't affect it if I'm charging anything, just the radio signal about halves when the demister is on...

Gollom i have a w203 and had the same problem. Somewhere the demister grid is in contact with the antena grid. I replaced the screen and the problem was solved. Dont try anything else cous i tryed replacing the SAM, the radio amplifier etc. IT IS THE SCREEN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom