Radio on the blink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
I have an odd ball problem with my radio.. i thinks its an MB Audio 10 Rad/Cass head unit...cant remember off the top of my head.

Since new years it has been freezing up.. i.e. lights up but no sound and cant switch it off, and once the ignition is turned off the aerial stays up.

However, today it wont work at all, it lights up and says "code" in the display panel and then after a couple of seconds shows "code error".

In order to solve the freezing problem i would take out the two fuses then replace them and all would be fine, tried this again on this fault but no joy.

Any ideas??

Regards

Tan

My dealers have given me my radio code, but how on earth do i enter it??

Please help, i cant bear the silence...............................

Nor sure if it's the same for MB's but usually it's the corresponding radio preset buttons. EG if the code was 5346 - you'd press button 5, then 3, then 4 then 6 and that should do it. Give the dealers a call - they should tell you - better checking than locking it up.

I have an Audio 10 Radio/Cassette and it's done via the 1, 2, 3, 4, buttons on the right hand side. Once you have the code typed in you press the centre button, I think it's marked RDS.

The Audio 10 has had slight changes to it's layout though depending on who's made it. Mine is a Becker BE3100 unit, yours maybe slightly different even though we both have an Audio 10.

S.

Hi

Mine does not have any numbers on it all, the dealer has said that you use the twisty contol to select the numbers. However as soon as i turn the unit it on it shows "code" then a couple of seconds later shows code error.. thus not giving you enough time to even enter a code.

I removed the unit this afternoon in a hope that disconecting it might clear this up and thus allow me to get it to a stage where i can enter the code, but no its still the same.

Do MB units have a battery back up of any kind or a reset button??

Tan said:
Do MB units have a battery back up of any kind or a reset button??
Not that I'm aware of :( Maybe a trip to the dealer with said stereo is in order?

S.

Thats what i was fearing :eek:(

I visited the stealership today, they confirmed that its new headunit time. They did say that it may be possible to repair it but they did not know if it was worth it or not.

Tan said:
I visited the stealership today, they confirmed that its new headunit time. They did say that it may be possible to repair it but they did not know if it was worth it or not.

HI Tan not advertsing but i have a audio 10 on ebay for sale at the moment new and cheap

cheers

kenny

hash said:
HI Tan not advertsing but i have a audio 10 on ebay for sale at the moment new and cheap

cheers

kenny

Hi

I notice that you have two units for sale. How much do you want for them?

Where abouts in the uk are you?

Tan

hi tan i am in oxford the cassette player will go for £80 plus £10 for next day delivery, paypal plus 4% you can email me at [email protected]

it includes the key code and manual

cheers

kenny

Tan said:
Hi

I notice that you have two units for sale. How much do you want for them?

Where abouts in the uk are you?

Tan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom