Radio Reception problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRob

Car
A150 (2008)
Hi All,

I have an A150 2008 and am struggling to get any radio reception. I think it may be the antenna amplifier that is the problem as I have already replaced the antenna.

Can you anyone help me with this - would be good to know where the antenna amplifier is located in the vehicle and whether there is anything else I should be checking!

Many many thanks for any assistance.

It may not be a faulty amp, it may just be a loose connection. Had this on my B Class and found the amp on the rhs as you look into the back of the car behind the storage bin. Not sure if the A Class is the same though. Push the connections back togather and all was well.

There's aerial amplifier - a thin, small unit behind the trim at the top of the tailgate, and there's a booster amplifier (the one Geoff mentioned) - this one is behind the storage compartment on the right, as above. It's pictured in the other thread you replied to ;) It makes perfect sense to try the plugs (up to six) on the booster first, as Geoff said.

Thanks for this both.

So basically I should be checking the booster amplifier first? Do I need to clean these connections or just check everything is in place? If this doesnt work should I then consider the aerial amplifier?

Reactions: GLK
That's what I would do, yes.
I also always clean any connectors (or ground points) I come across - just make sure the car's fully powered down (i.e. no doors open in the last 5 minutes, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom