Radio Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martingray

Car
C220 CDI Coupe
Hi, dumbass question of the day ...
Does anyone know how to remove the standard Audio 10 Radio/CD from W203 C-Class coupe ?
I have been passed some "latch keys" that allegedly engage in th catches down the side of the radio to release them. Having payed with them for a few minutes I realised I hadn't got a clue where they are supposed to fit, or which way up. ....:crazy:
So, now I am resorting to the next best thibg, asking tjse who may already know.
Any clues greatly appreciated.

hi martin, w203 and w209 dont use latch keys, the unit screws into the console, if you look into the air vents you will see 2 plastic clips in the middle of the vent, unlatch these and the vent will then move more than normal.

Close the vents and push them up and you will see 2 torx 20 screws, remove them. Push the vents down and look into the gap at the top, there you will 2 plastic clips unlatch these and then vent will come out.

The console trim can then be removed by unlatching the clips at the bottom, you get to these via the gap at the bottom between the ashtray.(on some cars these are screws)

Remove all the connectors at the top of the trim panel, and away you go.

The radio is also held in with torx 20 screws.

Refit is reverse.

hope this helps

cheers

kenny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom