Radio serial number

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ironman

Hello,

I am new to this forum and really hope to find an answer to my problem.
Last week I messed up when I decided to buy an ML MSC command unit (radio)
On eBay.

I received the unit with out the 5 digit code to active it.
This is only the beginning on my problem, as the serial number of the radio was scratched off. At first I thought that I have purchased a stolen unit, but after doing some digging I found out that this unit was originally a replacement unit which was never installed in any car. It also came in its original box.
My question is if there is any way button or procedure I can do to display the unit’s serial number. Once I get that number, I will be able to request the CODE.

Thank you in advance.
IronMan

Didn't know that COMAND units were coded? Is this the US version that you have?

Wouldn't be able to advise really - but hopefully someone can.

I don't like the sound of anything being scratched off it though, whatever the explanation !

S.

*EDIT* This should be in the electronics section - moving.

Last edited:
Mcs

Me too, that’s why I traced this unit down as much as I could.
This unit as far as I know is a US system, I will check the exact part number later today, but if I am not mistaken its A163 820 0486.
I was told that if it’s a replacement unit I should try 11111 or 99999 so I did but id did not open. Now the system is in WAIT mode.

Thank you.
IronMan
:(

HI SYM,

Do you know if there is a way to connect a pioneer AVIC9DVD to the mercedes ML with out a can-bus unit or a pulse generator?
where do I connect the (pink) speed sensor wire?

thanks,
IronMan

Sorry - can't really help - would have thought it just plugged into the standard ISO sockets - one of the ISO wires should be the speed pulse on the non-canbus ML - so maybe connect to that one ? Steve_bcs might know !

S.

Thank you, I thought that becasue the 1999 ML has not got the can-bas unit I wont find that wire there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom