Radio still switched on after car has been locked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
Found a strange problem on the car this morning in that, the car has been parked on my driveway and locked since Sunday, the radio was switched on & playing away to an empty car. I unlocked the car & pressed the button to turn it off & the word Phone appeared on the screen.

In 7 years I've never had a phone connected to the radio so can't think of any reason as to why this should happen.

I did have rain sensor disconnected on Saturday, could this have any effect on the radio?

Anyone help or suggest the reason /

david

Does it have any kind of a handsfree kit, OEM or after market? Sounds like the phone kit has failed and is pulling down the mute wire, the radio assumes you have a phone conversation ongoing...

Thank you for your suggestion, however I don't have any kind of phone connected nor after market device. Strange one.

I manually switched the radio off yesterday am (by turning the knob) & it was still off this morning.

No puns what so ever intended

Does it have any kind of a handsfree kit, OEM or after market? Sounds like the phone kit has failed and is pulling down the mute wire, the radio assumes you have a phone conversation ongoing...

Switched off by turning the knob? How does the radio behave now, if you turn it on and if you switch ignition off?

Which model year car is it, C 220 CDI does not tell much.

If you do not have any after market kit, you could still have the OEM kit (no need to have any phone connected if the control unit has failed), do you?

Hi,

It's a 2002 SE Panoramic Model, I 'll turn it on & see if it behaves when the ign is turned off. By way of explanation of my vagueness, I use the bus to get to & fro work as it's just £1 a day & didn't venture out inthe car last night

D

Switched off by turning the knob? How does the radio behave now, if you turn it on and if you switch ignition off?

Which model year car is it, C 220 CDI does not tell much.

If you do not have any after market kit, you could still have the OEM kit (no need to have any phone connected if the control unit has failed), do you?

Is it the standard Audio20, a Comand (Sat-Nav) unit, or an after market headset that's fitted?

I have Audio20 and have to 'press' the button to turn it on and off, not turn it. However, I leave it permanently turned on so that it comes on when I insert the key and goes off when I remove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom