Radio Wires W126

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
I refitted the original Blaupunkt today. I managed to work out all the wires except for two. They are grey with what looks like a brown stripe. They have been wired together into one terminal at some point but I can't see where they should go.

Are they for the illumination and if so where and what should they be wired to?

Thanks,

Stu

I have the speaker wires sorted already they aren't for that:confused:

I have had a look at a wiring diagram for the S-Class and the only wire I could find on there that sounds anything like is for 'illumination' but the radio is already illuminated from the main power supply so :dk:

I did wonder if they were for the dimmer but according to your link (many thanks:) ) and others I have viewed it isn't connected to the dimmer.

The problem I now have is that the radio won't accept the code I have for it and keeps locking up for an hour each time I try to input it:wallbash:

So either someone has changed the code or someone has put the wrong code in so many times that the radio has locked it's self permanently:wallbash::wallbash:

So I need to somehow get it unlocked.

My S class W126 came with a remote control so that anyone in the car could use it. May be something to do with a system like that. May still have it kicking around if its any good to you as my original unit was robbed! and put in a deep freeze maybe.
Don

If the radio is original to the car the code should be available on the data card for the VIN. Anyone with access to WIS can check it for you. Some dealers charge £10 just to look it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom