radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philsy2k

Car
C36 AMG
I have just put MERCEDES BOSE radio in my car and it sounds terrible. Even when turned up full it is really quiet and bad quality, the previous radio was fine, Are the BOSE ones suppost to come with a standard amplifier???:confused:

Originally posted by philsy2k
BOSE radio ....... sounds terrible.

Nope - shouldn't sound terrible ! Should sound AMAZING !!

Are the BOSE ones suppost to come with a standard amplifier???:confused:

Well - a Bose amplifier, I would have thought !!

I have just put MERCEDES BOSE radio in my car and it sounds terrible. Even when turned up full it is really quiet and bad quality, the previous radio was fine, Are the BOSE ones suppost to come with a standard amplifier???:confused:

Its not just the radio . Its the amplifier , DSP and speakers that make up the bose system :S

As far as i was aware , with the exception of the M class, all the MB radios were either becker or alpine and the bose was just the addons.

Im not being fussy saying its quiet i mean it is really quiet like i couldnt here it if i was driving, shouldnt it just sound like a normal radio without the amp? i thought it was broken as the radio came as it is without any connection plug so i assumed that is all it was, I didnt know they had an external amplifier, does that mean i have to order the amp and proper plug for the back of the radio from MERC?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the BOSE system has a separate amplifier which will mean that the output from the radio on its own will sound very weak.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I heard somewhere that the impedance for the Bose speakers is different which means that if one pops you have to get a replacement from a stealership.

Tigger

The bose amp is located inside the boot, behind the near side carpet lining...

pic:

left%20cavity.jpg

Thanks

Thanks guys, im looking forward to monday to find out how much this is going to cost:eek: Koolvin could you PM me about my reply to the carbon fibre bits pleeeeese
Cheers

Re: Thanks

Thanks guys, im looking forward to monday to find out how much this is going to cost:eek: Koolvin could you PM me about my reply to the carbon fibre bits pleeeeese
Cheers

I replied to your thread!!!

int

Sorry just read it now, i posted another reply now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom