Rado and Boost logic downpipes for E63 (212)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rich764089

MB Enthusiast
Car
E63 AMG S212 5.5, W221 S500, W220 S600, GBS Zero, Defender Wolf 110, Audi A6 BiTdi, Octavia vRS
Having read previous threads on here, I've been looking for some Rado downpipes for my E63. However, I can't seem to find any for sale - is it my Googling skills, or are they not available in the UK now?!

I can't justify the cost of the Weistec pipes, but looking at the Boost Logic pipes (available from the US for around $1,200), they look very similar to Weistec. Does anyone have experience with these? CKS also do very similar-looking pipes, but am aware they don't have a good reputation here.

I think Rado did a catted version, but think all others are catless.....?

Also, does anyone know if the Rado and Boost Logic installs are definitely NOT an engine out job?!

And finally, I'm interested to know what the difference in throttle response is like from anyone with similar pipes fitted (I know there should be a good noise increase and minimal power increase, more torque).

Thanks in advance.

Get in touch with Acid at MSL re the Rado down pipes. I believe at one time he could supply them. You can message Rado on their facebook page. RADO
Alternatively they can be found on this site Buy RADO 212.63S.8TT.DWN.SLP Street-Legal Downpipes for MERCEDES-Benz W212 E63 AMG, W218 CLS63 AMG (Hi-Flow 200 C.P.S.I. GESI cats)

The down pipe of choice in the US appears to be Red Star, and they seem to have very good feedback. I don't believe the Rado pipes are an engine out job, same as Red Star. Red Star can supply both catted and catless. As they are made in Russia, I would assume the import duty is less than any US stockist.

They have an eBay shop too.

If you've had the resonator removed and fit these downpipes, expect a really loud car.

Edit, just noticed you have a wagon. Best to double check fitment.

Thanks, Roger, very helpful.

Not heard of Red Star, but price looks ok, will do some more research. I'll definitely contact Acid, just good to canvass opinion first. No social media, so Rado might be out if Facebook contact required 😉

Yes, noticed they all say W212 for the red star, so definitely need to check they'd fit my estate.

I don't (yet) have res delete as torque flow couldn't do it when I visited MSL. I wasn't bothered at the time as downshifts were already loud, but I've lost this after the MSL remap...apparently the previous remap was much louder! Not complaining, but wish I had res delete now. Still, pipes should sort that.

Plenty of reviews on the Red Star pipes below.

Awesome, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom