Rain in Spain and my 250TD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

straitsex

I've had my 250 TD Kombi for twenty years in Spain and each year in February when it rains it floods in the passenger foot well.
Each year I try to fix it and I have never been able to get it dry. What it isn't is
1/ sunroof drain holes
2/ drain holes left and right and center.
3/ heater

It seems to come into the cabin right opposite this drain thing which is to the left of the battery.

With "normal" rain its OK but when it rains in Spain IT RAINS!

Can anyone give me some clues or a diagram of the drain holes etc.
I do know that this is a common fault with Kombis but there must be an answer.

Attachments

• L1010726.jpg
    L1010726.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 27
This will be the scuttle drains are blocked.

thanks

This will be the scuttle drains are blocked.

Yes I've thought about that myself but I can not see any blockage on both sides and in the middle......I have read about a drain under the bonnet hinge but have never found one?.
I have run a garden hose over the windscreen for hours without a drop inside......and on the roof!
But when it rains!

I have the same machine exactly in France with the same problem! I am presently working on the assumption that there is a gap in the seal at the bottom of the windscreen (where the windscreen fits into the channel which itself is then covered by the wide rubber strip which goes along the bottom of the winscreen. I'm awaiting a good downpour for results. Please post any solution if you find one. By the way, my windscreen is milky by the A pillars, so clearly not a perfect seal there. Only happens on the LHS though.

thanks

I have the same machine exactly in France with the same problem! I am presently working on the assumption that there is a gap in the seal at the bottom of the windscreen (where the windscreen fits into the channel which itself is then covered by the wide rubber strip which goes along the bottom of the windscreen. I'm awaiting a good downpour for results. Please post any solution if you find one. By the way, my windscreen is milky by the A pillars, so clearly not a perfect seal there. Only happens on the LHS though.

Yes you may be on to something as my windscreen has de-laminated a bit on the R/H side corner....but in the past I have siliconed the joints......but when it rains!!

Delamination can be a sign of rot in the A-pillar. Perhaps thats where it is getting in.

thanks

yes I think the lamination has been caused by a badly installed windscreen in the past but it still does not explain the leak in the passenger side from above......would love to have some sort of diagrams of the drain holes and the general picture of the panels in that region?
it has been raining very heavily recently and the problem is much improved, don't know why! LOL but it is still very damp inside above the glove compartment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom