Rain sensing wipers fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickythemerc

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 220 CDI Sport 2009
Having put up with the erratic wipers for two years and convinced myself it was the sensor :fail I decided to change the wiper blades,even though they were clearing the screen well enough just a bit of chatter now and then. So a pair of Bosch aerotwins of amazon for £22.00 and of I go to Aberdeen again :wallbash:

A bit of light drizzle and a quick sweep of the wipers,now normally they would go into meltdown like it was a monsoon,but no they just parked up and waited for the next bit of drizzle to arrive,behaving themselves perfectly :bannana:

Just driven 700 miles in on off rain,spray and not a problem with them. Just need to sort the folding mirrors out now.

Last edited:
Two years with the same wiper blades is quite a stretch. I tend to change them every 9 to 12 months max. Any sign of wear like streaking and they're out. Especially at the tips, which is where they clear the sensor.

I have not changed mine since I bought the car over 4 years ago, I find most the streaks or marks left on the screen are down to tree sap particles stuck to the blade ad quick wipe down with some vinegar sorts the issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom