Rain sensing wipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markssl

Just having a new screen fitted. Tipped water on sensor to check it worked and nothing happened. Do they only work when car is moving? Worked fine before. It's a 2008 E320cdi.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you're testing with both front doors closed and the bonnet shut properly. Oh, and that they are switched on! ;)

My wipers sweep when the car is moving. Don't yours stop when you come to a halt?

I would drive the car and use the screenwasher with the wipers already on the first setting to see if they work.

If not, your sensor may need re calibrating on Star.

On both my S203 and the W219 the wipers would slow when stationary but would still wipe, just at longer intervals

I thought new screens were supposed to be calibrated for this and the auto lights too.

My wipers sweep when the car is moving. Don't yours stop when you come to a halt?

That`s no good if it`s bouncing down...you won`t be able to see traffic lights.....or traffic :D

That`s no good if it`s bouncing down...you won`t be able to see traffic lights.....or traffic :D

Don't they all do this?

My old 5 series would be 22 years old now and the wipers would go intermittent when the car stopped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all. The door was open. I'll try it again.

Don't they all do this?

My old 5 series would be 22 years old now and the wipers would go intermittent when the car stopped.

Yeah intermittent but not stop completely :D

On the W211 they are speed sensitive. It will wipe faster depending on the speed of the vehicle and how heavy the rain is.

If you open the door they will stop working. In order to reactive them you need to close the door and start driving again. Or close the door and press the stalk to the 1st click for the quick wipe feature.

Sorry, I should have been clearer as mentioned in other posts.
I meant when coming to a halt and the wipers were on constant they would revert to (slow) intermittent.

The OP seems to have found out why his were not working thankfully.

Drove up road and all working fine. Definitely speed sensitive as they worked as soon as I drove off.

Sorry, I should have been clearer as mentioned in other posts.
I meant when coming to a halt and the wipers were on constant they would revert to (slow) intermittent.

Ahhhhhhhh :D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom