Rain sensor.Light sensor problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
I have a strange problem with the light & rain sensors in my 2002 CL203.

Firstly as programmed the interior lights only switch on when dark & the doors opened (no problem there) although the rear interior lamp has stopped working.

The rain & light sensors are separate units

The rain sensors do not work & I've replaced the sensor & the lens on the windscreen, & the wipers have reverted to intermittent wipe.

The auto light sensor doesn't work when the light switch is turned to the auto position, however, if I turn the wiper stalk to the auto position the auto lights work as they should,great! but of course the wipers also work intermittently.

This may or may not be relevant but a week or so ago after I locked the car & walked away within a few minutes the radio would come on all by itself (this almost caused a flat battery as the car was parked for three days without use) I happened to touch the interior light dome which was quite warm to touch but the lights hadn't illuminated, I removed the dome & repositioned the wires behind it which seemed to be squashed in and the radio fault didn't happen again.

Star reading from the indie states.

B1A0. The data cable to component A26/4 (left infrared(IR) interior protection transmitter and receiver unit orA26 (interior motion transmitter and receiver unit has an open circuit (Stored)

B1090. Component B38/2 (Rain/light sensor) has an Open circuit (stored)

B1021. Component E15/3 (Rear interior lamp) has a Short or Open circuit (stored)

B1020. Component N70e1 (Front dome lamp) has Short or Open Circuit(stored)

B1082 Component B38/2 (Rain/light sensor ) signals an internal error (stored)

I'm wondering if there's a short in the circuit board behind the light dome which is a fairly big junction for many cables, and I've attached a photo of the back of the lamp dome so members may understand the amount of cables that fit into that component.

Please does anyone have an idea? Should I replace the light dome ?

Last edited:
These are all stored faults, sometimes they can effect the current status. Get them cleared first and then re-read the faults

Thank you, always willing to try.

Dave

These are all stored faults, sometimes they can effect the current status. Get them cleared first and then re-read the faults

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom