Rain water leak beside throttle pedal - WO3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HITECH

Car
C220 CDI
Got a water leak coming in thru the bottom plastic card beside the throttle pedal. W03 Saloon. Cant check it just now so until I can thought I would chuck it in here see if anybody come across this before. Its pouring cats n dogs here ok but a hard rain has never ever leaked into the car. Does the water drains under the bonnet vents cause this if they get blocked with leaves or whatever? Im just guessing for now until I can get a proper look at it.

On the W203 I think it comes in via a perished bonnet release cable grommet where it comes through the bulkhead.
It is only available with a new cable assembly.
Of course if the bonnet drains are blocked then all bets are off.

Your advice on the bonnet release cable grommet was spot on m8. It was actually broken away from the lip that seals into the panel. Absolutely no chance ive got time lately to strip out stuff to replace the cable and grommet. Meantime ive managed to seal it up with silicone. No more leaks from anywhere else so fingers crossed thats all it is. 1 stormy rainy day test and its passed and stayed dry. Phew.

On the W203 I think it comes in via a perished bonnet release cable grommet where it comes through the bulkhead.
It is only available with a new cable assembly.
Of course if the bonnet drains are blocked then all bets are off.

Severe rain last Saturday. Had the leak back and wasnt bonnet release cable area. Still un-sure where its getting in. Drivers side again. Ive cleared all drain hoses again and siliconed all plastic lips to ensure no possible cracks in plastic, runners/drains etc are letting water leak thru. Awaiting more rain now to test lol. Could somebody with a W03 saloon/coupe possibly take pictures of the drivers side bottom windscreen area and the inner wing of their car for me so i can check see that nothing is a-miss on mine. Just got it MOT'd a week last saturday. On the monday my rear window shattered then got it fitted on friday and on the saturday night I had the leak into drivers footwell on the night of probably the heaviest day and night of rain we had here.! Talk about a little run of bad luck.

An old post but I thought I got rid of it with some silicone but last few days back to the same leak at the same bit. Ok it appears to be under the main fusebox beside the brake master cylinder. It most likely will be the bonnnet release cable seal but my question is . Can anybody point me in the right direction of how to remove the main fusebox so i can get access under it please. On a WO3 C class 2005 Saloon ( Right hand drive). Hope somebody can point to some info regarding this. I havent had a chance yet to actually get into it and check it out yet. If I find somewhere to stick the video of the leak online I will share it so others can see.

Just a thought and not doubting your diagnosis, but is the A/C evaporator drain blocked? The evaporator is buried deep within the fascia and is what makes the air cold. Like a cold window, moisture in the air condenses on it and drips on to a handily placed tray underneath. The tray has an overflow pipe venting to the underside of the car. If it's blocked the water overflows into the car's interior.

Incidentally, a correctly working drain is often responsible for a mysterious puddle under the car.

This A/C drain thing isnt relevent to my leak. Once I work out how to remove the fuebox completely then remove the inner arch and also all the plastics and sound proofing under the steering wheel at the bonnet release cable area I will be able to access the problem and get it sorted. If you cut a round rubber seal in half then u 100% everytime can fit it into paneling around a cable sealing it 100% as ive done it for years without a problem. In this instance this means no requirment to replace whole bonnet release cable aswell which would be just ludicrous the time involved to do this.Ive got a video of the actual leak. As soon as I get a chance to get some time on this I will take more pictures. Unfortuntely Im on a run of nightshifts right now so hoping to get some time on it before the end of the week. Im quite shocked that there are no posts with solutions or pictures around the whole internet regarding this problem and the source of the leak. It mostly is about blocked drains and speculation or what it might be or what should be tried . Yet theres not a single picture anywhere on the internet. Its definetely a common problem. A panel beater and wodywork expert had a look at it the other day and pointed to the fusebox and said the perished seal letting water in is under the fusebox. So next step will be to remove that then start clicking with the camera. will see if I can get the video of the leak onto photobucket the now.....

Working these days but will get a chance to get into this. Anybody know the WIS document for removing the ECU fusebox beside the master brake cylinder? I can find every other removal procedure fo revery other module apart from this one. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom