Rain X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ive been using the rainX spray for three or four years now. Ive found it to be great on with windscreen compared to other products ive used in the past, but ive found it not to helpful on the rear screen when reversing with standing water on it at night.

P.s Ive noticed some Asda stores are banging it out a £3 a bottle which is much better than Halfords at £7-8 a bottle if anyone is interested in buying it.

Last edited:
I agree - one week of decent, sunny weather and some are all hoping for rain - just to clear the skies, like !!

Me - straight out with the BBQ and cold beer.

I love this warm weather.

I am loving it too. Been out for a nice walk, no need for jackets. Its amazing.

Its one of the few times I really wish the shed could fold its roof away and I could go topless.

And yes. I would be one of those oiks that would drive around minus the top half covered, because I am a bit of a kn0b.

I am firmly in the "love Rain X" (or the halfords equivalent) camp.
I use it on all the car windows, including the windscreen with no problems.
It makes the wipers last much longer.

Keep meaning to put it on the house windows, but need to clean them first!

Terry

Could it depend on the windscreen type?
Ive had it on a Vauxhall Corsa and it was good with no smearing but when applied to a Cougar and Impreza it was rubbish.

I agree - one week of decent, sunny weather and some are all hoping for rain - just to clear the skies, like !!

Me - straight out with the BBQ and cold beer.

I love this warm weather.

So it was you!! I walked out the workshop door the other day and i thought i could smell a bbq running, i thought to myself i am working and some evil sod is having fun with their bbq LOL

I wonder how long it Will be until someone comes along to argue that this product is not only useless but dangerous as well?

great product ,works well .i used on my fleet of high speed police training cars back in the 1980 - still using it today :bannana::bannana::bannana::thumb:

I'm using the GTechniq G3 and it's brilliant even with wipers - the wiper now leaves the bit of the windscreen it covers completely dry - no smears or streaks. At 50mph or above I find the rain streams off the windscreen at quite a rate and the droplets left are tiny

Rain X is pretty essential on a w124 as the comedy mono wiper isn't the most wonderful device in a torrential down pour.

I've been using the rain x anti-fog on the inside on the inside of the glass on my w124 as the rear demist is a bit slow. Also a good product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom