Rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tezz

Car
A180 w169 2006 2.0 cdi
So why MB have this issue with keeping water on outside I'll never understand, surely basic princable of car design keep water on out side

I love the cabin of my A class, until I open a window in rain, then it gose to shit and I get soaked

Has anyone fitted these

I'm hoping they will fix just another in the long list of stupid MB basic flaws

THanks

TEZZ

It's form over function. At one time cars had roof gutters which followed down the A pillar and to some extent channelled water away from the side windows. Can't say I would want to revert to function in this case though, roof gutters were never pretty and not conducive to low aero drag. I'm happy with the simple alternative of keeping windows shut in the rain.

Way back in the Dark Ages I had an Austin Somerset with a sun roof. The rain water that gathered in the channels was meant to be guided away through rubber tubes running down the A pillars and out via the wheel arches. The rubber tubes in my poor old Austin must have rotted or something because after heavy rain water would gather on the left corner of the dashboard. I'd totally forgotten about this "feature" when I met a girl at a party and gave her a lift home. We ran to the car in pouring rain with her protecting her perfectly coiffured hair and best dress with her umbrella, which on entering she hung from the dashboard with it dangling by her feet. It was only raining a little bit by the time we got to her house but she insisted on putting it straight up (the umbrella!) the moment she was out of the car. She was immediately drowned by the water that had washed off the dashboard and into her umbrella during the journey. For some reason she didn't want to see me again!

Lol ok, keep window shut in rain.

Now as a back up do you think can open window in rain and keep water on outside ?

I know this may be a new concept to MB owners as MB seam to think it's ok for water to be inside of car and pool just where they have place the most expensive electrical juntion/control boxes or on driver lol

Just incase I want to open window in rain, do you think deflectors will work

Thanks

Just incase I want to open window in rain, do you think deflectors will work

Thanks
Possibly. One of the reviews for those deflectors says "Amazing quality, and it really helps with those rainy days, or during the winter with the snow...as I can keep my windows a little open". (I can't vouch for how honest that review is.) If it's important to you to keep a window open when it's raining, surely it's worth spending £37.45 to try them out.

Possibly. One of the reviews for those deflectors says "Amazing quality, and it really helps with those rainy days, or during the winter with the snow...as I can keep my windows a little open". (I can't vouch for how honest that review is.) If it's important to you to keep a window open when it's raining, surely it's worth spending £37.45 to try them out.
Agreed I will order

I don't pay much to reviews as you can bulk buy them from China lol

THANKS

TEZZ

lol I was expecting so much more piss taking

I have Heko deflectors on the insignia due to any water that hits the screen goes into the car once the wipers are on and the front windows are open, even slightly open. Very noticeable when it's sunny and you use the wash function to get rid of bugs etc. They can be a pain to fit correctly and sometimes they affect the backup function on closing of the windows, but persevere and they work well

I put someon a previous e class and they worked fine, you could crack the window a bit with no water. They also looked quite good on the car

I put someon a previous e class and they worked fine, you could crack the window a bit with no water. They also looked quite good on the car
Fitted took about 15 mins for all, hmm as all my seals and channels treated with Gumi or Silicone, I'll have to see how they stick as only 2 clips per window, might need 4 more clips, but will have to wait for real test at speed and when transporting daughters cat, turns into ferrel beast if ya open a window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom