Rainbow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The innocence of childhood ! :)

Reminds my of Captain Pugwash with cartoon characters Master Bates & Seaman Staines :eek:
I believe the writers were 'batting for the other side', and the BBC didn't cotton on for years.......

PJH said:

Reminds my of Captain Pugwash with cartoon characters Master Bates & Seaman Staines :eek:
I believe the writers were 'batting for the other side', and the BBC didn't cotton on for years.......
You forgot 'Roger the cabin boy' :p :crazy:

S.

Oh My God !!! I'm laughing so hard here i can't keep it together !!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!

I just can't believe that its real !!!!!!!

mmmm - deja vu here - thought I'd posted that before but can't find it - it's a cracker though :D :D

Howard said:
Oh My God !!! I'm laughing so hard here i can't keep it together !!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!

I just can't believe that its real !!!!!!!
Although hilariously funny I'm pretty sure it's not real as the voices don't tie up with the lip movements at all. Heh I almost choked on my lunch though :D fave word... "twanger" :devil:

S.

PJH said:

sadly urban myths, there never was a Master Bates or Seaman Stains and Roger the Cabin boy was in fact called Tom :)

the "cast"

Captain Pugwash
Pirate Barnabus
Master Mate
Pirate Willy
Tom the Cabin Boy

His sworn enemy was Cut-throat Jake,
pirate captain of the Flying Dustman

Now there's some useless information for a Friday evening :bannana:

Andy

Andy

andy_k said:
the "cast"

Captain Pugwash
Pirate Barnabus
Master Mate
Pirate Willy
Tom the Cabin Boy

His sworn enemy was Cut-throat Jake,
pirate captain of the Flying Dustman

Now there's some useless information for a Friday evening :bannana:

Andy

Andy

Good to see Andy is up with the classics
:D :D :D :D

Steve_Perry said:
Although hilariously funny I'm pretty sure it's not real as the voices don't tie up with the lip movements at all. Heh I almost choked on my lunch though :D fave word... "twanger" :devil:

S.

have you checked out the 'Zippy' link at the end of the transcript ? i had to sit down before going out last night and compose myself after watching zippy with jim davidson.

even more useless info - the Rainbow video clip was genuine and written by Roy Skelton (the voice of Zippy and George.

the story goes something like this

According to Geoffrey Hayes, the episode was actually specially made by the rainbow production team at Thames Television - Every Christmas The VT department of each ITV company had a competition to enter all the outtakes from their particular companies programmes to see which ones were the funniest. Rather than enter an outtake they recorded this special edition which ended up winning the competition :)

Andy

ps you can download the 16mb mpeg of this "episode" here at least this is in synch

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom