Ralph Nader Where are you now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grober, Apr 1, 2014.

1. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    Latest scandal to hit the American Car industry. BBC News - GM issues new mass recall for power steering issue
    Apparently General Motors sold a huge number of cars with defective ignition switches . This could have a disastrous effect on the electrical power steering reducing its effectiveness and disable the air bags :eek:- so double whammy--- lose control of the car and drastically reduce your chances of surviving any ensuing accident! :crazy: The initial recall affects 1.6 million cars made before 2007, and last week GM announced it would also cover more than 800,000 made from 2008-11, covering a variety of models including the Chevrolet Cobalt and Saturn Ion. GM has linked the issue to 13 deaths, but a report by the Center for Auto Safety has put the number at 303, a figure GM disputes. Evidence is begining to emerge GM were aware of the fault at a higher management levels but chose to ignore it. I feel a multi-million lawsuit coming on. :rolleyes:

2 people like this.
  2. c63chris

c63chris Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL63 + W205 C220d
    That's going to be very expensive for GM.

3. st13phil

st13phil MB Club Veteran

Car:
    His - Diamond White W212 E63 Biturbo with Night Package / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
    This has all the hallmarks of the Pinto about it. If GM senior management knew about the issue I'd say they're pretty much dead in the water. I foresee a massive exemplary damages award on the horizon.

Tags: