Ralph Nader Where are you now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Latest scandal to hit the American Car industry. BBC News - GM issues new mass recall for power steering issue
Apparently General Motors sold a huge number of cars with defective ignition switches . This could have a disastrous effect on the electrical power steering reducing its effectiveness and disable the air bags :eek:- so double whammy--- lose control of the car and drastically reduce your chances of surviving any ensuing accident! :crazy: The initial recall affects 1.6 million cars made before 2007, and last week GM announced it would also cover more than 800,000 made from 2008-11, covering a variety of models including the Chevrolet Cobalt and Saturn Ion. GM has linked the issue to 13 deaths, but a report by the Center for Auto Safety has put the number at 303, a figure GM disputes. Evidence is begining to emerge GM were aware of the fault at a higher management levels but chose to ignore it. I feel a multi-million lawsuit coming on. :rolleyes:

This has all the hallmarks of the Pinto about it. If GM senior management knew about the issue I'd say they're pretty much dead in the water. I foresee a massive exemplary damages award on the horizon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom