Ramps - group buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aletank

MB Enthusiast
Hi Guys
I've been looking into buyin a decent set of Ramps for Maintenance, I've looked in Machine Mart, Halfords etc but it's hard to find some quality ones.
I've been looking for some that are Wide enough for my 245/10 Inch rear tyres and some that have a Low Incline to stop the front of the car catching/scraping.
I've came across these Extra Wide Car Ramps, Low Profile Car Ramps for low cars, heavy duty ramp, extra high, Car Display Ramps.
I've been in touch with the company and they will do a Forum Group Buy discount. I'm going to post this on The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums If the Forum rules/Moderators allow, this will help get the numbers quicker across the 2 forums.
The discounts are -
5% off for 5 Sets
10% off for 10 Sets
15% off for 15 Sets

The official price is £225 for a 300mm Wide, Low Incline Ramp with a further £10 rebate for submitting a picture/review to the website.
Here's a email of the company owner Andy
I was in the same position prior to opening the website, looking for car ramps that would be long and wide enough for my car. As a welder to trade i decided to build my own ramps, designing a ramp that’s larger and stronger than ramps of a similar price range.

Since opening the website i have received feedback from customers, as a result i am always updating my ramps to meet customer requirements. The new ramps i am working on now are an updated design of the heavy duty ramps. I have now strengthened the stands to accommodate a jacking beam (as an optional extra).

The new ramps are made from 25x3 Angle & 40x3 angle. I have carried stress analysis models showing loads up to 3000kg on the old ramps and secondry tests on the new ramps showing better rigidity. They are built with vertical and horizontal bracing bars made up of 25mm angle.

The new heavy duty ramps have been extended from 1200mm to 1500mm reducing the entry angle to 10° allowing the lowest of cars to clear the ramp. I have incorporated 40mm angle on the stands and reduced the gap between the angles on the ramp for a smoother ascent. I have incorporated angle supports on the ramp to increase strength and extended the height of the end plate on the stands.

The benefits to our ramps are as follows

• Removable ramp.
• Low entry angle for sports suspension.
• Extra wide for larger tyres.
• Ramp pivots on stands to allow for uneven surfaces.
• Larger base footprint to prevent toppling.

For every new design i carry out Finite element analysis, a 3d cad model analyzed for twist and stress. The software carries out simulations of load on a component and allows me to add features to strengthen the structure to improve on rigidity.

I custom build each ramp to suit a specific vehicle and although £225 may sound expensive, building a set of ramps requires hours of cutting, welding and painting. For the cost of £225 you get a set of custom ramps delivered painted in your chosen colour and if you submit a picture to our website we will take £10 off.

The website is new and we are in the process of collecting customer images and reviews, i am hoping to have the website updated with the new ramps and customer reviews at the end of the month.

Thanks for the interest in our product and hope to hear from you soon
I have no conection with this company, I'm just trying to get the cost down for myself and others !
Here's some pictures of the latest Heavy Duty Ramps
Carramphdred.jpg

standred.jpg

Any questions please post here or directly to Andy [email protected]

I'll start the ball rolling by adding my name
1- Aletank
2-
3-
4-
5-

2tonns jack with a pair of 3 tonns stand costs 36£ ebay including delivery.Silverline brand.i just bought last week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom