Random beeping noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thrash

Car
C205 C200 Coupe
Hi guys

So today I was washing my car and noticed it was beeping randomly when I was washing various parts of it. The beep is exactly the same as when I open the boot with my fob - a fairly soft electrical beep, not like a loud warning or alarm beeping. There didn't seem to be any sort of pattern to it and I couldn't say it was only happening when washing the wheels for example. The car was locked the entire time and the boot was shut.

I don't think it's anything to worry about (I hope, anyway!) but just curious as to what it is and why it's happening. I haven't been standing around the car doing nothing for long enough to see if it happens all the time but I don't think it does.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys

So today I was washing my car and noticed it was beeping randomly when I was washing various parts of it. The beep is exactly the same as when I open the boot with my fob - a fairly soft electrical beep, not like a loud warning or alarm beeping. There didn't seem to be any sort of pattern to it and I couldn't say it was only happening when washing the wheels for example. The car was locked the entire time and the boot was shut.

I don't think it's anything to worry about (I hope, anyway!) but just curious as to what it is and why it's happening. I haven't been standing around the car doing nothing for long enough to see if it happens all the time but I don't think it does.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Could it be the alarm system ‘soft waking’ as it detects movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beep can be from the alarm siren suggesting that the internal NiCd rechargeable batteries are on the way out, but why would it be triggered by the wash I don't know.

It's not keyless entry or similar feature helpfully activating when you're near the handles is it?

Could it possibly be the parking sensors.?.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

Could it be the alarm system ‘soft waking’ as it detects movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is probably most likely actually, I might have to try just pushing down on it a bit tomorrow and seeing what happens. Although I would've thought it would be beeping all the time from wind, passing cars, etc.

The beep can be from the alarm siren suggesting that the internal NiCd rechargeable batteries are on the way out, but why would it be triggered by the wash I don't know.

I hope not, the cars brand new!

It's not keyless entry or similar feature helpfully activating when you're near the handles is it?

Nope, this doesnt have keyless entry.

Could it possibly be the parking sensors.?.

Well the car was locked and my key was in my pocket so I hope not!

My mum noticed a beeping noise in her bedroom one night. Turns out that her mobile phone was running out of charge and it was trying to warn her. The noise eventually stopped when the phone died.

Was your phone in your pocket when you were washing your car?

;)

My mum noticed a beeping noise in her bedroom one night. Turns out that her mobile phone was running out of charge and it was trying to warn her. The noise eventually stopped when the phone died.

Was your phone in your pocket when you were washing your car?

;)
Funny you should say that . Out in the car yesterday was perturbed to get several beeps on the motorway. Fiddled with all the electrickery but beeps continued. Finally realised it was my new phone in the glove box getting a shedload of stupid texts from Tesco Mobile.

Was the source of the 'beep' ever discovered?.
Hi guys

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

The alarm on my CLS went off on its own while I was working on another car alongside.
Car had only done 3k and had a new alarm sounder fitted with modified seal and loom.

Since then I have a slightly different beep when locking the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom