Random no response from Engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

design guru

Car
2001 W220 Mercedes S320cdi & 2001 W208 CLK230K (SORN since 2008)
Lets get one final thread in for 2013. Got the car started after changing the fuel filter and now I have a problem that has happened for quite a while now.

It happens maybe once every six months so I have never really paid much attention and its always happened when nobody else is about so it never causes any problems to others but I feel it will happen during a busy day and I will bring the traffic to a standstill.

On both occasions its been in car parks, I'm driving along and I see a space and when I pull up and put it in reverse the engine stays on but the car will not move. It revs as if I'm in neutral and then if I select drive it will do the same and the car will not move. I can select all the gears, no warning lights appear, it just sits there with the engine ticking over.

The only way t get it going I find is to turn it off and set the alarm and then unlock and start it up. even this doesn't work every time its just a matter of starting and switching off several times and selecting the gear each time and seeing if it moves.

Other times if I start the car and then turn it off and then quickly restart the car the dash lights up will all errors saying the ESP, BAS are all in need of attention and if I just switch off and restart these go away. It only takes one restart to sort this issue. but this only occurs if the engine is shut down and then quickly restarted.

I have had the car fully star diagnosed by Mercedes and they gave me a print off but I an not sure what this could be linked to.

S320cdi W220 - 2001

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom