Random 'P' symbol in W221's instrument display?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Conquistador

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 S350L BlueTec
Noticed the other day when driving at low speeds this 'P' symbol appears. Sometimes it turns blue with an arrow to one side of it. Couldn't find anything about it in the manual or online:

2m7akap.jpg

Can anybody tell me what its to do with? Does it mean the car has spotted a parking space or something? :dk: I wasn't aware there was any self-park systems or advanced parking assistance fitted.

Yup, parking space spotted. Arrow indicates left or right.

It tells you whether the space your not certain about is long enough for the car or not. I'd far sooner the type of people who hold up whole lines of traffic trying to parallel park in too small spaces had access to this information more readily.

Has to be a contender for most pointless feature on the car then. Combined with a self-park system I can see it being useful, but not on its own.

Surely the driver knows how big the car is and whether they are actually competent enough to park it, (something which no amount of sensors and computers can judge)!

Last edited:
I believe the "Advanced parking guidance" is standard on these. This includes visual guidance into your chosen parking spot.

It should be explained in the manual. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom