Random scraping noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobives

Car
mercedes e240 w210 avant garde saloon 1998
I have a E240 W210 Saloon when travelling at slow speeds i hear scraping from underneath. sometimes from the front other times from the rear, can be left or right side. any ideas, please

If you are not using the car and have washed it a couple of times it could simply be rust on the discs and a bit of drive and some braking will clear it off.

Otherwise probably best to take it to a local garage so they can pop it on the ramps and take a quick look.

I think the first thing I would do is Jack the car up and rotate the wheels by hand and listen for the noise, also check the wear on the pads...also take a look at the dust shields as when I removed mine there was a part worn through where it had been rubbing...I also agree with Jasonh ^^^

I think the first thing I would do is Jack the car up and rotate the wheels by hand and listen for the noise, also check the wear on the pads...also take a look at the dust shields as when I removed mine there was a part worn through where it had been rubbing...I also agree with Jasonh ^^^
the noise is too loud to be a dust shield scrape, it only happens when i am going slowly over speed bumps.

the noise is too loud to be a dust shield scrape, it only happens when i am going slowly over speed bumps.
So its not definately a noise from the wheels..it could be as Trickythemerc says..heat sheild..

Parking brake cable rubbing on propshaft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom