Random - What wheel studs for these rims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Damien O

Car
C220
I've got my rims back from being painted and will soon befitting them.

My car is a 2002 C220 Coupe with standard 16" alloys. The current wheel studs won't fit correctly so I'm wondering is there a specific size etc I need to get. Sorry a bit random and silly but I prefer to clean cars than worry about what wheel studs fits what!

Rims to go on are these

Random as in whell stud questions are probably not an everyday occurance...

So, you are changing your wheels? And the studs with the standard wheels do not fit?

If that is the case, post up what the new wheels are from and we can advise you. If you have got it wrong it may be that you can't fit those wheels.

The wheels are in the pic in the first post as stated.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm still not clear. Are you saying that you are trying to fit the new wheels with the bolts from your original wheels? When I bought new wheel I had to buy new bolts too.

I know I need to get new bolts. That is what I'm asking. Which size/type of bolt suit the rims pictured. They are the AMG style 18" alloys.

Damien...nice looking wheels. But, a part number would be even better.

Because not all alloys are the same. The ones I am removing are 16" with a lesser offset to the the 18" ones I will be putting on. So I will need shorter bolts. The seats in the bolt holes on the alloys are also different.

You need to give us (or whoever you buy bolts from) some real infomation to go on. Reading between the lines i'm thinking you may have bought a set for a w204 C class which uses M14 wheel bolts while your w203 C class uses M12 bolts and VERY different wheel offsets...

AMG VI for a w204 = 18 x 8" ET 45 and 18 x 9" ET 54
AMG VI for a w203 = 18 x 8" ET 34 and 18 x 8.5" ET 30

Alloywheelsdirect sell bolts with an M12 thread that has the correct 14mm radius seat to suit wheels that use an M14 bolt (bolt packs 4 and 4L) but if i guessed correctly regarding width and ET that won't help you as the offsets are wrong

Thanks hotrodder. Much appreciated. I've just been off the phone to an alloy wheels place near hand who can sort them out.

Thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom