Range Rover Drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Why do Range Rover drivers seem to think that lane three is exclusively their lane?

If you're behind one they don't want to move over.

I think there are two main reasons:

• The height gives an air of superiority
  • They mistakenly think that they've got performance at their disposal.
Now I accept that the supercharged 5 litre petrol has some go, but, in the main it's the (relatively slow) diesels that you see glued to lane three.

This isn't a "my AMG is faster than your car" thread, and I genuinely like RR (particularly RRS) - however, RR lane three hogging just seems to be a modern motoring phenomenon :devil:.
And if there's an Overfinch badge on the back you may just as well give up and wait for the (dangerous/illegal) undertake opportunity.

Rant over...

But RR drivers own all the road so why shouldn't they hog lane 3. In the same way, they're absolutely within their rights to sit 3 inches from your rear bumper at 60mph on single lane roads when you're behind a line of traffic. They are the Gods of the highway and it's our duty to make way for them at all times. They have special privileges in car parks allowing them to straddle white lines and there is a sensor fitted to all models that compels them to park immediately outside schools to slowly allow their offspring to disembark. During school drop-offs, and more particularly outside shops, the RR's off-road capabilities are essential to allow their drivers to take up their rightful place with two wheels on the pavement.

We should be honoured to share the road with Range Rovers. I carry a cap with me at all times for the sole purpose of doffing whenever I'm fortunate enough to come within bowing distance of any of these superior creatures.

Blimey, you've got it worse than me :D.

You should feel honoured that we choose to breathe the same air as you peasants.

Just undertake. There's no risk of them switching lanes so no danger.

So true, what a bunch of tossers ;), I always move out of lane 3 if someone wants to get past, weather I'm driving a Range Rover or not, it's just good manners, although in the RR I don't venture into lane 3 that often, they do inspire quite a relaxed approach to driving.

I remember tailing an Overfinch FFRR on the northbound M6 some years ago in my IL6 320 CDI.

He absolutely absolutely refused to get out of the outside lane.

In the end I had to undertake on a quieter section, but went into lane one just in case he decided to play silly buggers.

I don't like undertaking (ho ho) but he just wouldn't f*ck off out of my way :devil:.

Once saw a Range Rover humbled by a Caddy Escalade! Was trully funny to watch it jump out the way when the Caddy came steaming up behind it near J11 on the M1! Ludicrous part of it is that neither car are that fast! :D:D

Once saw a Range Rover humbled by a Caddy Escalade! Was trully funny to watch it jump out the way when the Caddy came steaming up behind it near J11 on the M1! Ludicrous part of it is that neither car are that fast! :D:D

The new Supercharged ones are :D.

you mean superthirsty:D

In my experience, replace Range Rover with
Audi
BMW
*Just about every single car ever made
**except MB, obviously.
;-)

Oddly, I rarely see 911's out of lane 1 doing more than 65mph. Don't know why?

They're worse in the country, they magically lose all 4WD in case they get dirty or scratched and expect you to get in the hedge or ditch or reverse 100M. when there's a passing point 10M behind them.

I came to the opinion some years back that most big 4x4 drivers had moved up from Volvo estates but kept the same road manners.

Driving on the M61 at 70mph at night in lane 2. Needed to pull out to overtake a truck. Checked the rear view: headlights visible in lane 3, but a long way back. Indicated, pulled out, got almost past the truck and then was completely blinded by high beam xenons at high level in the rear view mirror, literally a few feet from my back bumper. the high beams stayed on until I was safely past the truck and able to move into lane 2.

White RR Sport shot past, then within 4-500 yards moved from lane 3 into lane 1 and immediately into the Motorway services. Right, you bast**d. So I pulled into the services too.

He was filling the RR with petrol when I caught him up and told him exactly what I thought of him and his bully boy driving tactics. The words were loud enough for all to hear and not pretty. Not a word he could, or did say in response.

I got back on the motorway, he caught me up, then sat behind me (at a very safe distance) all the way to the next junction where I was due to pull off. When I was on the slip road, he accelerated past me on the main carriageway, flashing his headlights. What a to*ser.

Here in Kyrgyzstan there are very few RRs. But the same arrogant driving is taken up by Land Cruiser or any big 4x4 drivers. Outside the car they appear to be normal human beings. Once they get behind the wheel they change into self opinionated muppets who cross red lights, drive down the wrong side of the road, totally ignore speed limits. All of this to show they think they are more important than anyone else & others should move out of their way. What you see in UK from RR drivers is mild in comparison to these clowns.

Have you never heard the joke

What's the difference between a Range Rover and a Hedgehog

Answer

A Hedgehog has the pricks on the outside

Here in Kyrgyzstan there are very few RRs. But the same arrogant driving is taken up by Land Cruiser or any big 4x4 drivers. Outside the car they appear to be normal human beings. Once they get behind the wheel they change into self opinionated muppets who cross red lights, drive down the wrong side of the road, totally ignore speed limits. All of this to show they think they are more important than anyone else & others should move out of their way. What you see in UK from RR drivers is mild in comparison to these clowns.
A little further East in Mongolia they're just as bad, if not worse. You're not safe on the pavement (when there is one) and they can turn a two lane road into five lanes :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom